Join Hosco and get the latest updates and opportunities from Outopia. It’s free!
As a Hosco member, you have access to dedicated hospitality content and to thousands of jobs and internships worldwide.
1st Sustainable outdoor experiences provider in Switzerland: Outopia is a booking platform for independent outdoor professionals offering sustainable adventures to those who wish to reconnect with nature and likeminded individuals in the best conditions.
Vision : Reconnectwith nature.
- No need to travel far to live something extra ordinary.
- Outopia wishes to promote off the beaten tracks territories and encourages a sustainable and all seasons mountain tourism.
- Gather a community of responsible Micro-adventurers around shared values beyond physical and cultural frontiers with a common vision for nature protection.
- To maximize immersion and better disconnect with the daily routine, we prioritize multiple days experiences with nights spent in alpine cabins, huts or bivouac.
- Authentic outdoor experiences, created and guided by the best localguides to ensure their originality.
- We encourage our guides to step away from the beaten tracks and the crowded “classics” when creating their programs.
- We do not propose any motorized activities, considered too impacting and disconnected from nature compared to zero emission transports such as hiking, cycling or paddling.
- We prepare our experiences in full awareness of our environment, always keeping sustainability in mind and leave no trace behind us in respect of local wilderness and other users.
- We encourage our collaborators tovolunteer in non-profit actions towards protection of nature.
- We commit to support environmental solutions by donating 1% of our annual gross sales to non-profit organizations.
- We favor local food, respectful of producers and their environment, as well as food from organic farming.
- Whenever possible, we encourage the use of low-emission collective or shared transport to access the meeting points (train, coach, bus or carpooling…)
- We favor destinations that do not involve air travel.
- We prefer to take a plane only if there is no coherent alternative and as little as possible.
- We encourage our customers to purchase secondhand clothing and equipment, from brands producing in respect of the environment and workers or to rent this equipment in case of infrequent use. (Some equipment obviously needs to be new or reconditioned, especially with regards to safety and belaying: harnesses, ropes, carabiners, avalanche beacon, etc.)
Clients/Guides : Pedagogy&Pleasure
- All our guides are certified experts who master their specialty and always put safety at the forefront.
- We place transmission, pedagogy and training at the heart of our experiences, whatever the difficulty level is, to best support our participants towards autonomy.
- We wish to help our community to discover and progress in its practice of the outdoors as well as to better understand and protect nature.
- We are emphasizing the essential regular communication between the guide and his clients via our platform to ensure good humor and the safety of the group.
- During our programs, we strive to take the time to enjoy the present moment in all serenity and in harmony with the environment.
Recent updates by Outopia
Create a profile that’s out of this world! Tell members about your company's values, goals, and vision.
Upload images and videos to show how amazing it is to work at Outopia