Our Demi Chef de Partie play an integral role in the kitchen of our hotel! Entrusted with leading a section of the kitchen to exceed guest satisfaction, supporting the Chef de Partie’s and senior chefs in creating the ultimate experience.
Though skillfully trained, they never lose sight of their ultimate reasonability, to create lifelong memories for our guests.
A day in the life of our Demi Chef de Partie demands high levels of energy. They need consistency even though the days are never alike; and creativity to tackle daily adventures. Listing all of the contributions that our Demi Chef de Partie accomplish would be lengthy but the list below is essential to know.
- Our Demi Chef de Partie are responsible for a section of the kitchen to exceed guest satisfaction during their day and to support the senior chefs in creating and delivering the food for our guests.
- They will work closely with their Sous Chef and to give tasks to Commis Chefs and check that they are carried out in the correct manner all to ensure our guests receives nothing but the best experience.
- Sometimes our guests have special requests involving dietary restrictions and even special occasions. Most of these requests are fulfilled by our Kitchen Team.
- Our values of Personality, Passion, Respect, Working Together and Creativity guide us each and every day. The purpose of a Demi Chef de Partie is to live their behaviours to continue to create our legacy.
- Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. Our Demi Chef de Partie must communicate with other departments and extended hotel team in order to ensure the alignment remains.
- All of our employees are ambassadors of our Vision, Values and culture. Our Demi Chef de Partie does this with all they do.
- We encourage the unique personalities and passions of our employees, working together; as a team, a hotel and Collection.
- Our guests forge our legacy. Knowing and understanding them is our goal, valuing kindness over process.
- In a fast-moving world, we remain consistent and relevant, requiring flexibility from everyone on the team.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. Our Demi Chef de Partie must feel comfortable communicating in this language.
- Previous experience working in a fine dining kitchen or luxury hotel will be essential for success in this position.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
- Other benefits
Our success is a result of our employees. We believe that everyone part of our team should share the rewards. For this position, here are just some of the benefits you will receive:
- Competitive salary and employee bonus scheme
- Complimentary stays in our hotels, subject to availability with breakfast included
- World-class training and development
- 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants within Dorchester Collection
- Complimentary laundry service
- Access to our online benefits and discounts platform
- Recognition schemes including our employee of the month programme
- Social events throughout the year, including our summer boat party and winter ball
- Complimentary meal whilst on shift at our staff restaurant