Internship in Hawaii - Culinary Arts & Pastry at Fairmont Orchid.
Description of the Property:
Inspired by nature, culture and wellbeing, Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii is a stunning 5-star eco-resort on the Big Island's majestic Kohala Coast. Immerse yourself in an authentic Hawaiian experience, surrounded by acres of lush tropical gardens, cascading waterfalls. Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii offers 540 spacious guest rooms and suites that embody the serenity of the islands.
Description of the Training:
Gain invaluable skills and knowledge and take the opportunity to be initiated in the hospitality industry by taking a hospitality rotational position of a unique luxury resort through a J-1 program at the Waimea, Hawaii. Train in a diverse and multicultural environment, under the guidance and leadership of industry leaders in the guest services field as you rotate through different outlets on the property. This rotational program is designed to give you exposure to the international hospitality industry and give you the experience to excel in your career when you return to your home country.
Description of the Position:
Train in all areas of Food & Beverage and Front Office and Housekeeping, while working by the side of famous chefs and prepared managers and supervisors open to share their knowledge with you!
• Learn to ensure high quality and consistency of service as per Hotel’s standards;
• Train with professionals across multiple outlets to perform tasks as needed;
• Ensure compliance of all Hotel's standards;
• Learn to strive to achieve departmental targets;
• Ensure cleanliness of work areas;
• During training, ensure to be in compliance with all Hotel's health and safety policies;
• Perform all other reasonable duties as needed.
• Conversational English required;
• Must be a current student of a Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution;
• Or recent graduate (less than 12 months ago) of a Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution;
• Or a graduate of a Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution (more than 12 months ago,) with 12 months of verifiable related work experience;
• Or must have 5 years of verifiable related work experience.
• Willingness to learn and follow instructions;
• Positive attitude;
• Good communication skills;
• Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service;
• A polished and professional appearance and compliance with Hotel grooming standards;
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations;
• Ability to work calmly while meeting deadlines.
Language required: English.
Our vision: To become an international company that places students and young professionals from around the world in working and living environments that will enable them to develop their dream career.
Our mission: To become an international company that places students and young professionals from around the world in working and living environments that will enable them to develop their dream career.