Job Title: Assistant F&B Manager
As the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, you will be skilled in the areas of scheduling union labor, expense controls and meeting/exceeding financial goals. Experience in an upscale fine-dining establishment is preferred. The individual must also have wine and beverage service skills.
What is in it for you:
- Employee Discount Travel Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extended healthcare plan coverage
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow with the Company
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000
What you will be doing:
- Must be service quality oriented and be flexible to work evening and weekend hours. Ensures the high standard of services provided for guests and the attainment of the department's qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Conveys the hotel's image and atmosphere through his/her exemplary attitude, warm and friendly welcome, availability and frequent presence in the field.
- Manages and motivates the teams in order to improve sales and the quality of F&B services.
- Improves the department's results by increasing sales and the productivity of F&B points of sale
Your experience and skills include:
- The Assistant Manager position requires 1 year of experience in a NY City union restaurant or hotel property in a similar position
- This position will supervise colleagues in the shift operations and liaise with kitchen staff as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Enhances guest satisfaction
- Handles guest comments and complaints, ensuring follow-up
- Develops close relationships with guests to encourage loyalty
- Ensures guests receive a warm and personalized welcome
- Ensures that guests receive excellent service at all times
- Lead by example when attending to guest requests. Constantly strive to provide Total Customer Satisfaction
- Handles multiple priorities and exercises good judgment when dealing with all guest situations
- Maintain staff focus on ‘the Customer’s need’, individualizing and personalizing service where possible, encourage staff to use initiative
- Organizes and supervises the preparation of points of sale according to activity forecasts
- Ensures that reference standards are properly applied
- The individual must have knowledgeable of and able to enact beverage control systems as well as ensuring compliance with all LSOP, liquor laws, and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, speed and efficiency
- Excellent English (oral and written), French or other second language a definite plus
- Checks that sales materials are well presented
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, prepares the menus, organizes purchases and ensure the update and application of cooking instructions,
- Plans changes in the menu, sets prices and organizes the work for the day in coordination with the Head Chef,
- Oversees the booking and manages service of restaurant parties, special events and room service hospitality suites.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals.
- Develops excellent relations with guests,
- Sets daily sales targets for the team,
- Analyses guests' comments and shares them with the team,
- Launches and deploys marketing initiatives in the local area in order to increase revenue,
- Works in close collaboration with the sales department to ensure a high standard of service and satisfaction for meetings customers,
- Knows the market and customer expectations,
- Keeps close track of what the competition is doing,
- Uses sense of creativity and innovation to facilitate commercial operations,
- Build strong relationship with surrounding businesses and offices to help promote the bar business and small restaurant parties.
- This position assists with the management and coordination of all aspects of the Hotel's Restaurant, Bar, Room Service in all capacities insuring top efficiency and highest guest satisfaction. Ensures that management results are in line with the hotel's targets,
- Guarantees the respect of procedures governing cash operations, administration and audits, in line with the brand's internal audit guidelines,
- Draws up, implements and ensures that internal checks are properly carried out,
- Supervises purchasing for the outlets, manages stocks and checks that, AccorShop purchasing targets are met as decided by the brand,
- Ensures that the equipment and cultural assets of the department remain in good condition and working order,
- Updates the cash register system and compiles and prepares various reports
- Works and assist in other areas of the hotel if needed
- Take and checks inventories that have been carried out,
- Ensures that food and beverage costs comply with requirements defined by the hotel and the brand
The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining work authorization documents.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Your team and working environment:
Ideally, situated steps away from Fifth Avenue, Times Square and Grand Central Station, Sofitel New York’s 398 spacious guest rooms and suites provide a haven in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city. With French inspiration, our ambassadors deliver service from the heart and lifelong memories one guest at a time.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
To join our Group, please visit https://careers.accor.com/