CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing & Executing Sales Strategies for Corporate, Leisure and MICE segments
• Works with each segment sales leaders to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
• Assists in the development, implementation and sustaining of aggressive solicitation program focused on increasing business.
• Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the sales leader.
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external and liaises with the DOSM and Marcoms department.
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
• Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
Managing Sales Activities
• Approves space release for catering to maximize revenue in the absence of Revenue Manager and ensures satisfaction of clients.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence) personally and through team members and support coordinators.
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate projections.
• Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests during pre- and post-meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
• Empowers team members to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
• Incorporates guest and client satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Ensures that a customer loyalty program is in effect throughout Sales team (ALL and Meeting Planner.
• Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external. Externally focus to be given to airlines with the aim of participation in their programmes, corporate accounts joint calling to senior key decision makers with team members, Government to cover Ministries and Embassies along with the DOSM major TA’s with the aim to maximize returns for FIT and joint calling to major MICE accounts and third party accounts PCO’s and Meeting planners.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g. Accor Plus, Market Sales, GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
• Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with GSO Managers and customers.
Education and Experience
• 2-3year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 5 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area preferably within the hospitality hotels/ resorts fully knowledgeable of the Hanoi business landscape and Ho Chi Minh city and documented experience as a Sales Manager /Senior Sales Manager in the corporate, leisure and MICE segments.
Fluent in English Verbal and written – Vietnamese native.
Knowledge & Competencies
The position requires a dynamic professional and a ‘finisher’ with an eye for detail and the ability to drive through solutions. You are having a strong commercial orientation with broad business understanding and skills, equipped with a sharp intellect in order to focus on key issues with an attention to details and accuracy of information while possessing following additional competencies:
Ø Understanding the Business / Influencing Outcomes
Ø Planning for Business/Team Building/Valuing Diversity/Leading People
Ø Adaptability/Drive for Results/Customer Focus/Managing Operations
- Competitive package of salary and benefit.
- 12 days full paid leave a year, insurances paid in accordance with the Law
- Professional working environment. Care about your career advancement