Live the French way as you join Sofitel Sydney Wentworth supervising a wide range of events in our award-winning Conferencing Department. Sharing the art of French hospitality, our iconic 5-star hotel with more than 11 conferencing spaces is the premier business conference venue in Sydney.
Why join Sofitel Sydney Wentworth?
In addition to joining a fun, collaborative and fast-paced environment, we offer industry leading rewards such as;
- Work your way with flexible working arrangements that appreciate work-life balance.
- Complimentary uniform dry cleaning so you look & feel your best.
- Industry benefits from Day 1 including exclusive discounts on accommodation, dining, bars and more in over 100 countries with Accor Hotels and our partners.
- Discounted city parking or great access to all public transport options (trains, buses, ferries, light rail).
- Progressive leave policies including 10 weeks parental leave.
- Most importantly - learn from industry experts with opportunities for development. We genuinely care about your success and want to help you grow with opportunities spanning across the globe.
The role is for a Banquets Supervisor to assist our Operations Manager and Assistant in a full-time hands-on fast-paced capacity. You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with organising and controlling the day to day operations of our large-volume award-winning conference and catering facilities.
- Smooth, efficient and courteous service to the guest during functions.
- Ensuring that constant and updated communications are maintained and that all relevant departments are aware of their responsibilities in association with the daily function activities.
- Liaising closely with the kitchen team regarding the activities of the day.
- Supervising, assisting with the training and development of our ambassadors.
- Contributing to the banquets leadership team and assisting drive team engagement.
- Good Understanding of Banquets, Functions & Events service style
- A passion for excellence and a desire to keep learning & growing
- Outstanding organisation and communication skills
- Highly guest focused
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to work varied shifts in a rotating roster
- RSA certification is a must
If you share our passion for hospitality, service excellence, innovation and drive, you can be part of Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and its ongoing success. If you are looking to work with a dedicated and supportive team, we invite you to apply for this role.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company, and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We offer reasonable adjustments to support you. If you require an adjustment to be made during the recruitment process, you're welcome to let us know.