Catering Sales Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Be an ambassador for our exceptional offerings as Catering Sales Manager, where you will book catering events and liaise between multiple departments to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of your clients.
What is in it for you:
- Solicit and book catering business in the following area: Social, Cultural and Local Corporate and Holidays.
- Meet with clients and finalize all arrangements including banquet event orders, menu tastings and resumes.
- Assist in completing other paperwork, forecasts, etc. essential in tracking the progress of the department.
- Assign suitable space for the various functions (i.e. meetings, food and beverage etc.)
- Develop list of target sources to solicit new business.
- Work as a team in reaching budget goals.
- Work within the guidelines set in the Conferences Services Department.
- Set appointments and make personal sales calls on the key contacts with each of the targeted sources of local catering business.
- Attend weekly Sales meeting and report on previous week's efforts and future week's planned calls
- Track leads that convert into bookings and issue a report at the end of each month documenting # of leads produced in the month, number of leads converted to bookings, amount of catering revenue generated and number of room nights and room revenue generated, if applicable.
- Service bookings as assigned by Director of Convention Services
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous leadership experience within a similar role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Have knowledge of food and beverage service and preparation (including cultural, i.e., kosher foods)
- Understand and control food and labor costs.
- Understand how different kinds of people react to words, pictures and color. Work with a diverse cliental
Your team and working environment:
Since 1907, Fairmont has served as the San Francisco residence for U.S. presidents, world leaders and entertainment stars. The landmark hotel offers 606 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, three distinctive restaurants, a health club and easy access to the city’s most popular attractions. Fairmont San Francisco is located atop Nob Hill at 950 Mason Street.
Fairmont is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Feel free to visit our website at http://www.fairmont.com/ to find out more about our company.
Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS