Showcase your passion for guest service as our Chef Concierge. Reporting to the Director Front Office, the Chef Concierge will lead a knowledgeable team whose insight into their destination’s best offerings create a personalized and memorable guest experience. Come as you are!
What is in it for you:
- Experience living in Banff National Park in the iconic location of Lake Louise
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
- One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
- Provide warm, anticipatory service to exceed the needs and expectations of our discerning guests
- Provide high quality concierge information to our guests about local and area attractions, restaurants, theatres, special events, tickets, confirmations and other available services
- Develop and maintain strong guest relationships to ensure loyalty
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with business partners, concessionaires, local community and counterparts throughout Fairmont Hotels and Resorts
- Coach, lead and motivate an engaged, enthusiastic and service-driven team through recruitment, training, professional development and recognition
- Monitor and achieve departmental revenue goals
- Oversee the daily operations of the Concierge.
- Work closely with Special Events Manager to ensure accurate and effective contracting of activity providers
- Organize and coordinate resort package mail outs, itineraries, etc.
- Ensure that guest and colleague concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure effective and timely interaction with all hotel departments including participation and representation in hotel-wide meetings and committees
- Promote team participation and engagement with the hotel’s environmental initiatives
- Maintain responsibility for a personal cash float
- Work a range of shifts to meet changing business demands
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Concierge or Front Office, preferably gained within a luxury hotel
- Demonstrated commitment to exemplary guest service
- Proven ability to effectively lead, motivate, train and develop a team Self‑motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Physically fit to lift trays repeatedly, stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to consistently stand and walk through out shift
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS