Club Front Desk Receptionist
Fostering the health and wellbeing of our guests, visitors and Colleagues is an integral part of our Fairmont Hotels & Resorts culture. As a Club Front Desk Receptionist, your warm service and knowledge of all our Club facilitates has to offer will support our guests and members in their commitment to healthy living.
Hotel Overview: Born of a golden era, the history of The Claremont dates back to the early days of the Gold Rush, when a Kansas farmer by the name of Bill Thornburg 'struck it rich'. The Claremont boasts an award winning Spa & The Club at The Claremont.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Club Operations or Club Services Managers or Club Supervisors, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Welcome guests to the Health Club and ensure they have a safe and enjoyable experience
- Ensure all guests are registered prior to using the fitness facility
- Ensure all guests are aware of the guidelines regarding the use of the facility
- Maintain cleanliness of all types of equipment, public and service areas
- Ensure guests and members are aware of all programs and activities available
- Service and stock all public area items including towels, water, ice, beverages, magazines, newspapers and clean headsets. Issue towels and day lockers.
- Provide guests with all information regarding the fitness facility and its offerings
- Complete all administrative duties as required
- Assist in promoting the facility and organizing special events as required
- Report any equipment that needs servicing
- Provide a high level of guest satisfaction through effective communication
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Answer phones and facilitate reservations
- Charge accounts and collect payments
- Maintain cleanliness of the locker room, lounge, and coffee areas
- Maintain full knowledge of emergency procedures provided in the colleague handbook
- Oversee lost and found, making sure proper procedures are followed
- Assign tennis courts
- Prepare and maintain coffee/tea station
- Other duties as assigned
- Certification in First Aid and CPR preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- To keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of COVID-19 and the rise of variants in the community, Claremont Club and Spa has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits you! Fairmont is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Feel free to visit our website at www.fairmont.com to find out more about our company. EOE/M/F/D/V