About the job
Rich history meets modern elegance in the heart of Sydney at The Porter House Hotel Sydney – MGallery. This redevelopment of the iconic 1876 masterpiece is looking for a superstar to join the team, the Concierge will assist in the day to day operations of the Concierge department including lobby services and security functions, ensuring that standards are maintained in these areas, efficiency evident and customer’s needs met and expectations exceeded.
From a warm welcome to a fond farewell, as a Concierge, you will take care of the guests as soon as they step foot onto your driveway, ensuring a lasting impression for our guests’ stay.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, Planet 21
- Staff celebration & tenure recognition
- Bring your mate to work – heartist referral program
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will be doing:
- Owning the front entrance, assisting our arriving and departing guests while providing exceptional service
- Assist with the loading and unloading of luggage to and from guest vehicles
- Proudly be an ambassador of the property and brand, promoting our facilities
- Ensure timely delivery of all guest luggage
- Explain technology and features of guest rooms
- Assist with the Front Office operation to achieve a reputation as a market leader in individualised customer focused service
- Responding to all guest enquiries regarding local attractions, restaurants, and tours. Offering the best product or service to meet the guests individual requirements
- Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with local tour operators, restaurants and service providers to ensure products offered to guests are of the highest quality and reputation
- Be proactive in the services concierge offers, follow up all reservations, bookings and recommendations to ensure quality and guest satisfaction is at the optimal level
- Co-ordinate guest transportation to and from the airport and ensure that accurate accounting procedures are followed in the charging of transfers.
- Concierge will keep up to date with accurate, helpful information that will benefit Hotel Guests in respect of hotel and local facilities and attractions.
Your experience, skills and key requirements include:
- Service focused personality is essential; customer service experience is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to work on a rotating roster
- Previous similar experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of Sydney sights and events
- CreativeGuest Passionate
- Organisational Skills
- Able to take Initiative and adapt to changing conditions
- Motivated to make our guests’ stay memorable
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Department: Concierge