Demi Chef de Partie
Maintains the highest standards of food quality and presentation in workstation as directed by the CDP on duty. Must have some knowledge of all areas of the kitchen including a la carte restaurant, and production areas of; banquets, garde-manger, vegetable, butcher, soups, and sauce stations.
What’s in it for you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K
- Complimentary Shift Meal
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academy designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, such as Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities
What you will be doing:
- Review the daily production sheets with the Chef de Partie & Sous Chef.
- Prepare the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards
- Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff and apprentices
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines
- Prepares lists of food products required for station for Sous Chef order and approval
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Experience and proficiency in a la carte and production cooking
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Creative and passionate about food and customer service
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
- High School diploma
- Culinary art diploma is an asset
- Previous experience as a commis/cook required
- Food Handler certificate required
- Exert physical effort in lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas
- Reach 1 to 2 feet
- Remain in stationary position for up to 4 hours throughout the shift
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining work authorization documents.
Your team and working environment:
The Fairmont Dallas, located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, offers 545 elegant guestrooms and suites, with over 73,000 square feet of banqueting and meeting space. For over 50 years, Fairmont Dallas been the setting for countless civic, social cultural, convention and corporate events, but more importantly the setting for thousands of memories.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS