Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Executive Chef, your expertise in recipe development elevates our menus while your leadership inspires and fosters our Culinary talent.
Hotel Overview: Be a part of the historic castle on the park, The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed hotel, a timeless landmark capturing memories since 1907. Located in the heart of midtown, The Plaza now features 282 luxury hotel rooms and suites, the elegant Champagne Bar and stylish Rose Club, as well as the legendary Palm Court, New York City’s premier destination for afternoon tea. The Plaza offers the Five Diamond standard of excellence and sophistication while offering an authentically local and unrivalled experience for our guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Directs all aspects of the Culinary Operations to Fairmont Hotel Standards
- Represents The Plaza positively on and off property
- Coordinates menus, purchasing, staffing and food prep in all Fairmont Managed outlets
- Responsible for ensuring a consistent, high quality food product for all events and outlets.
- Responsible for the following direct reports: Sous Chefs, Cafeteria Supervisor and Culinary staff .
- Understands the Plaza Client expectations related to food quality and presentation. Ensures staff executes to this level to help build customer loyalty.
- Participates in the hiring, development and retention of a diverse workforce to deliver excellent products and services.
- Sustains a work environment that focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
- Helps to manage wages, productivity and expenses in accordance with business demand.
- Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for all food venues.
- Assists Culinary management team with a hands on approach.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
- Assists the Culinary Management Team with menu planning and food purchasing.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
- Supports procedures for food portion and waste controls.
- Keeps the culinary department on the “Food Cutting Edge”
- Understands and maintains all standard recipes and has all menu item’s costed out.
- Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
- Trains culinary staff in safety procedures and supervises their ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Ensures all Human Resource standards are being met in regards to kitchen management principals
- Conduct daily shift briefings with all Sous Chefs
- Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Liaise daily with Outlet Managers and Sous Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Minimum of 10 years hospitality experience with 5 years experience at the level of an Executive Chef.
- Experience in a Mobil 5 star and AAA 5 Diamond hotel or resort required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven team-builder with outstanding coaching skills
- Clearly demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative and able to think outside the box
- Culinary diploma/degree from an accredited college or university equivalent
- Previous experience working in a union environment
Visa Requirements: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS