Front Desk Agent
Facilitate the arrival and departure of guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors.
What’s in it for you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K
- Complimentary Shift Meal
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academy designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, such as Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities
What you will be doing:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day
- Flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- all hotel features/services, hours of operation
- all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location
- all room rates, special packages and promotions
- daily house count and expected arrivals/departures
- scheduled daily group activities
- Loyalty program details
- Build guest loyalty through personalized service
- Process all guest registrations and check-outs
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests
- Coordinate all guest room billing
- Respond to all guest requests in person, via email, and via phone
- Block rooms in computer and follow through on designated requirements
- Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports
- Settle guest accounts and adhere to all cashiering procedures
- Assist other front office departments as needed
Your experience and skills include:
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate
- Previous experience as Front Desk Agent in hospitality an asset
- Previous guest relations and cashiering experience an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft window Applications
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management system an asset
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- prioritize and organize
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement
- understand guests’ needs
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- work with minimal supervision
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Exert physical effort in transporting (30 pounds) approximately 100 feet.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach 1-2 feet.
- Remain in stationary position (standing) for 6-8 hours throughout work shift.
- Walking, bending, kneeling, use of ramps and stairs.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining work authorization documents.
Your team and working environment:
Fairmont Dallas, located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, offers 545 elegant guestrooms and suites, with over 73,000 square feet of banqueting and meeting space. For over 50 years, Fairmont Dallas has been the setting for countless civic, social cultural, convention and corporate events, but more importantly the setting for thousands of memories.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS