Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is looking to fill a role of Guest Services Manager.
What is in it for you:
- Wonderful company culture - our colleagues are at the heart of all that we do
- Food & Beverage discount of 50% in our restaurants
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Comprehensive extended health benefits package
Fairmont Château Laurier is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Reporting to the Director of Front Office, the Guest Services Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Desk, Door and Valet. They also assist with overseeing our Concierge and Bell Services.
- Acts on behalf of Hotel Management for all guest, colleague and security issues and ensures that all challenges are responded to with a sense of urgency
- Is familiar with all key emergency/crisis responses and takes the lead in any situation that may occur while on shift
- Communicates effectively with all hotel departments with all relevant information and required follow-ups
- Promotes strong interaction and teamwork with all hotel departments
- Makes certain that all Fairmont Château Laurier policies, procedures & corporate standards are known, followed and acted upon at all times
- Ensures the achievement of divisional financial objectives through practices such as creative scheduling as well as consistently monitoring productivity and ensuring the accurate administration of payroll
- Works with the Director of Revenue, Director of Front Office, fellow Guest Service Managers to manage the daily room inventory to ensure revenues are maximized
- Audits and completes Accounting transactions for several areas, including: rate verification for all rooms, audits, closing procedures for the computer systems and others
- Continuously develops, promotes and supports a service culture in keeping with the standards of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, leading to outstanding LQA service audit results
- Ensures the highest quality of colleague training and monitors performance on an on-going basis
- Actively participates in all facets of employee development including: recruitment, interviewing, training, developing & promoting outstanding people
- Conducts employee performance reviews and effectively manages employee relations
- Ensures our Accor Live Limitless loyalty program members’ reservations are in order and members’ expectations are met, driving loyalty objectives
- Takes ownership in the achievement of Employee Engagement Survey objectives
- Promotes and enforces the hotel’s Health & Safety standards
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Minimum one (1) year previous Front Office leadership experience in a luxury property required
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Administration from a recognized University or College an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven service leadership skills and the ability to inspire colleagues to deliver outstanding service
- Organized and results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to handle day-to-day operations of the Front Desk and the hotel in general, with excellent business acumen in the absence of Senior Management
- Excellent written/spoken English is required as well as good written/spoken French
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System and other core technology applications essential as well as experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Computer troubleshooting experience would be an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Certification an asset