POSITION TITLE: Marketing Generalist
Position Status: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Marketing Production/Traffic Manager
The marketing generalist is an important member of the marketing team, performing varied projects as assigned by the production/traffic manager to implement resort’s marketing plan. The ideal candidate for this position has a variety of skills, including basic knowledge and aptitude for copywriting, basic design, digital marketing, market research, photography asset management and print management. This position will be assigned some basic weekly marketing administration activities as well as project assignments to support our marketing campaigns. Marketing Generalist is on-site due to nature of hospitality operatio and team collaboration needed with operations, it is not a remote position.
Ideal candidates for this role should be creative and innovative, collaborative, multimedia savvy, well-organized, and must have excellent writing and communiction skills. This position is perfect for talented young professional early in their careers who have a desire to work with a team of senior marketing and design professionals to continue learning while having the opportunity to contribute to marketing an iconic five-diamond 750 resort, with five restaurants, a world class spa and legendary holiday events.
Marketing Generalist Responsibilities:
- Assisting Sr. Designer with simple design projects utilizing design suites, such as Adobe
- Assisting Digital Marketing Manager with promotion and service launches.
- Assisting PR Director and/or Sr. Digital Marketing Manager with photo and film shoots
- Editing marketing materials and updating online listings.
- Maintain photo library
- Writing copy for projects as assigned
- Researching competitor information, vendors, stock photos and stock videos
- Processing purchase orders and obtaining deposits in accordance with purchasing standard operating procedures
- Other marketing projects as assigned by production/traffic manager or Director of Sales & Marketing.
A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design or digital marketing or 2 year experience in marketing coordinator or marketing generalist role.
Continuous learner, with a passion for following and anticipating market trends
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills, with track record of effective collaboration and teamwork
Some flexibility with hours. Position typically performs job daytime weekdays, but team needs candidate to be flexible to cover occasional weekend or evening photo shoots, filming and marketing events.
- Full-time position, typically weekdays but need some flexibility to cover photo shoots and marketing events for occasional evening or weekend.
- $50k-$60K salary based upon skill set and experience
- A very competitive colleague benefit package including travel discounts at Accor and Fairmont hotels.