Player Service Attendant
The player service attendant provides golf bag, practice range, and valet services to all members and guests. They provide outstanding internal and external customer service to all employees, members, and guests of The Grand Golf Club.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
What you will be doing:
- Serves as a representative of the Club, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other staff, management, members and guests.
- Compliance with all Club Safety Regulations and participation in ongoing Safety Seminars.
- Greets each member and guest in a friendly, professional manner.
- Greets members and guests in valet with a warm welcome.
- Assists members and guests as they approach the bag storage area.
- Monitors bag drop area for new arrivals.
- Brings carts from cart shelter to cart staging area outside Golf Shop.
- Removes bags from Bag Storage Room and loads onto carts.
- Removes bags from carts and returns bags to assigned rack in Bag Storage Room.
- Tournament preparation.
- Cleans and repairs golf clubs if needed
- Assists with various departmental needs as requested (i.e. carts, range)
- Provides shuttle service for employees, members, and resort guests
- Follows all rules, policies, and procedures set forth by Fairmont Grand Del Mar management.
- Monitor cleanliness and ball stock level of driving range.
- Responsible for set up and break down of driving range on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of all driving range operations.
- Appropriately groomed to Club’s standards.
- Uniform must be pressed and clean with appropriate shoes.
- When not in uniform, adhere to Club’s dress code.
- Above average customer service skills
- Must become familiar with members, their likes and dislikes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with members, guests and employees. Understanding of English language is essential for communication with members and guests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand while working.
- Ability to bend, kneel or squat.
- Wrist dexterity.
- Pushing/pulling up to 30 lbs.
- Repetitive movement of arm at shoulder and both hands.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to twist neck.
- Ability to lift/carry.
Your team and working environment:
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS