You perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the property’s facilities and equipment to ensure a safe and functional environment for the guests.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Inspect and perform preventative maintenance on property’s facilities and equipment
- Inspect all areas of the property for safety issues and take immediate corrective action
- Assist guests regarding property facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of all the systems (i.e. electrical distribution and lighting, TV antenna, fire/life safety and emergency generator, central plant, kitchen HVAC and refrigeration, etc.) associated with all hotel operations/maintenance.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Check work orders and Engineering service request log for maintenance deficiency problems. Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the hotel.
- Maintain par stock levels of standard plumbing fixtures, caulk, adhesives, and other supplies. Communicate requisition needs to Assistant Director of Engineering.
- Assist with the fire/life safety system services.
- Operate, maintain and repair or replace the property's heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems which include:
- Main water and gas valves
- All branch water and gas valves, hot and cold valve distribution.
- Air piping system.
- Building fire sprinkler system and valve location
- Repair and replace leaking and broken pipe connections.
- Open clogged and restricted water drains and sewer lines.
- Service plumbing defects such as water, diesel, steam, and gas leaks.
- Repair or replace faucets.
- Repair and replace showerheads.
- Repair and replace flush mechanism in the tank and Sloan-operated toilets.
- Repair and replace toilet seats.
- Repair or replace sinks.
- Repair and replace the pump, caulking, shafts, etc.
- Repair and replace sump pumps, circulating pumps, and booster pumps.
- Repair filtering and recirculating systems, chlorinator, strainer, and water softeners.
- Estimate and maintain bench stock.
- Repair grounds’ sprinklers.
- Clean grease traps.
- Maintain basic knowledge of the latest techniques for mixing formulas, epoxies, sealers, and waterproofing, ventilation, and storage of flammable and toxic materials.
- Initiate cost estimates of labor and materials for specific projects
Your experience and skills include:
- Possess a current Journeyman Plumber license
- 3-5years of experience as a plumber
- Experience in a secondary trade an asset
- Working knowledge of all plumbing supplies and equipment and pool supplies and equipment.
- Proficient in all areas of electrical repairs/maintenance and installation.
- Complete working knowledge of the systems associated with the guestrooms/meeting room’s operations/maintenance.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC and refrigeration, appliance, operational problems, and mechanical background.
- Knowledge of physics, and able to read gauges.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling and disposal.
- Working knowledge of:
- health codes
- plumbing codes
- local mechanical codes
- national/local fire codes
- blueprints and wiring schematics
- power and hand tools, meters, gauges, etc. as it relates to the technical trades
- Fluency in job-related English, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers in processing charges).
- Computer literate
- Ability to interpret manufacturer’s literature for installation, preparation, use of upkeep of various materials and products used throughout the property.
- Ability to:
- Be well organized and follow instructions.
- Focus attention on details.
- Operate high-reach lifts.
- Exert strong physical effort in transporting equipment fixtures and supplies.
- Prioritize tasks and comply with deadlines for work assignments.
- Be a clear thinker and perform well under pressure work assignments.
- Maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Work and perform job functions with moderate supervision.
- Assist with troubleshooting and use alternatives in emergency situations.
- Understand guest inquires, provide responses and interact positively.
- Interact positively with hotel personnel and provide prompt solutions to problems.
- Work in close proximity to high-pressure steam of 150 pounds and hot water at 180 degrees.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Relevant building maintenance experience is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
Your team and working environment:
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write, and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS