Public Relations Manager- Part Time
The Public Relations Manger is an innovative, energetic, creative, and tech-savvy individual in communications to engage in an exciting dual role. This individual will be responsible for public relations and marketing functions for Fairmont Pittsburgh.
What Is In It For You:
- Competitive salary
- Generous 401k options
- Employee rates at Luxe Accor properties in North and Central America
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet21 and Employee Wellbeing initiatives
What You Will Be Doing:
- Handle a multitude of Social Media, Marketing, and Public Relations duties.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects
- Build robust online communities and ensures that the department realizes the full potential of emerging technology.
- Manage an engaging on-line presence while constantly bringing awareness to the brand.
- Test and analyze keywords, titles, descriptions and landing page URLs to maximize results, drive volume and hit targets.
- Establish presence on listing sites and acquire links from local/regional sites.
- Participate in monthly Internet marketing calls to discuss new initiatives and share best practices.
- Maintain ad click-thru analysis, site ads, promotions, space allocation etc., in consultation with the corporate internet marketing team and/or the hotel search agencies.
- Manage email campaigns executed through the campaign team at Fairmont Corporate office.
- Mine/monitor new advertising methods and marketing trends - keep department abreast to current trends.
- Manage content/packages on Fairmont.com including new landing pages designed to bring visitors to their respective destinations.
- Manage online advertising efforts including display advertising, ad networks, paid directory inclusions etc. Identify most compelling ad imagery & copy.
- Investigate new technology and enhancements that can increase revenue, brand awareness and improve overall customer experience by analyzing the results of ongoing efforts.
- Maintain strong presence in the local community through relationships with the media and creating events to spotlight the hotel.
- Develop and execute a communications plan.
- Cultivate partnership opportunities with cultural, charitable and sports organizations throughout the community.
- Create press materials ie: press releases, story pitches, back ground research.
- Liaise and assist with media enquiries and manage media visits.
- Execute special events, sponsorships, promotions, media familiarization tours and photo shoots.
- Maintain up to date media data base.
- Forward articles to the Dialogue newsletter at Fairmont’s Corporate office.
- Maintain press clippings.
- Liaise with corporate PR to ensure national coverage.
- Active member on Hotel committees including Planet 21, ensuring that our message is relayed to our customers, community and employees.
Your Skills and Qualifications Include:
- Previous Public Relations or Marketing experience is required.
- College degree or relevant coursework expected. Specialization in Marketing, Hospitality, or Public Relations desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required. Experience with Google Analytics, Instagram, and HootSuite is advantageous.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that he/she is able to work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Balancing multiple projects and adhering to deadlines is essential.
- Candidate must be highly organized, pay close attention to detail and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service is a plus.
- A driven individual with willingness to both learn and teach others is highly preferred.
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization.
Your Team and Working Environment
Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh’s business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Drawing from Pittsburgh’s rich history, fl.2 showcases a wide selection of local beers, craft cocktails, and an elevated Modern American menu with unique signature items that have the power to transform guests into regulars. Vibrant and inviting, the restaurant and bar offers a space that allows for an open, airy atmosphere with a modern framework incorporated with architectural elements.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit, and promote diverse talent.
Why Work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you are you are and you can find the job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor!