Sales Area Coordinator (Full-Time)
About the job
Area Sales Coordinator (Full-Time)
Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is looking to fill a role of Area Sales Coordinator to support the Area Sales Manager who represents the Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Fairmont Royal York and the Fairmont Winnipeg.
What is in it for you:
- Wonderful company culture - our colleagues are at the heart of all that we do
- Food & Beverage discount of 50% in our restaurants
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Comprehensive extended health benefits package
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing and working closely with the Area Sales Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external clients
- Have a complete understanding and knowledge of the three hotels’ services and facilities
- Qualify and respond to general inquiries from both established and prospective customers, ability to issue and assist in closing sales contracts
- Assist Sales Manager with preparation of proposals and entering information into booking tool Opera
- Conduct client site inspections of the property and participate in client events representing the three properties
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners, clients and community members including Ottawa Tourism, Tourism Toronto and Winnipeg Tourism
- Accountability and ownership for reports as requested
- Coordinate with other departments within the hotels to ensure distribution of important information
- Obtain and record group histories
- Provide administrative duties as required by Directors of Sales & Marketing and Area Sales Manager
- Maintain an orderly work environment
- Regular sales office coverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Sales or rooms department experience in a hotel preferred
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral), skills in French an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role
- Knowledge of Opera an asset
- Must be a proven team player, professional and enthusiastic with excellent organizational skills
- Eligible to work in Canada
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Fairmont Château Laurier is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid-19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
- Department: Sales