Guardian and Protector. You ensure the safety and wellbeing of your fellow employees, guests and visitors. You are attentive, efficient and committed, and will ensure your property remains a safe, enjoyable workplace and travel destination.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Follow proper payroll procedures.
- Actively participate in the day to day security operations of the property to ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel and property.
- Patrol the interior and exterior of the hotel and confront any situations or persons that require investigation.
- Handle and document guest and employee accidents, guest room lock problems, noise complaints, and any questionable individuals on the premises.
- Assist disabled guests.
- Implement all policies, procedures and instructions regarding security and safety.
- Assist in implementing preventive safety and security programs.
- Investigate crimes committed against the hotel, guests, and employees.
- Document all incidents occurring in the hotel in connection with crime, subversions, potential liabilities and insurance requirements. And in documenting such activities remain objective, and write comprehensive reports.
- Assist hotel staff in handling of unusual guest or employee problems, such as, but not limited to, disorderly conduct, thefts, suicides, bomb threats, employee or guest accidents, fire or safety hazards, robberies, terrorist activities, civil disturbance, power or elevator failures, medical assistance and natural disasters.
- Remain informed of current Federal and local laws and regulations as they relate to the hotel, particularly in areas of guest, patron and employee rights.
- Take an active role in the implementation of the hotel's fire plan including the General Communication Center, the Command Post, all technical equipment and the roles each employee/manager plays.
- Assist in training related to the hotel's emergency procedures.
- Control the key, lock system, alarm system, and fire protection system.
- Make recommendations to the Director in security related matters.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Safety Inspections throughout the hotel.
- Conduct V.I.P. escorts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Monitor the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), and if needed review the footage.
- Other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
Your experience and skills include:
- Oral proficiency in the English language.
- Experienced in CPR, AEDs, first aid, firefighting and crowd control.
- Previous experience in law enforcement, military; luxury hospitality security experience preferred. Must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the security/safety field.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experienced in the following computer programs: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and have a basic understanding of computer operations.
- Must have the ability to drive company vehicles and golf carts.
- Must be open to a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Fairmont Grand Del Mar grooming standards.
Your team and working environment:
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V