Sous Chef, Lumiere
As a Restaurant Sous Chef, you will assist in overseeing the culinary operations in Lumière Brasserie and In Room Dining. Your position is pivotal in providing the support and guidance needed for the success of the Culinary Team. You will be joining a team of Chefs who are passionate about developing innovative, focused, and thoughtful individuals who will use a guest-focused approach in all applications of their job functions, from planning service during pre-shift meetings and accommodating spur-of-the-moment requests, to all steps of food production and maintaining the organization and cleanliness of work areas.
What is in it for you:
· Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe
· We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
· Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
· Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
What you will be doing:
· Support the Executive Chef in planning, organizing, and executing service
· Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions to improve the culture, environment, and menus
· Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for all Restaurant and In Room Dining menus according to property recipes and standards
· Provide training and development for culinary team members
· Communicate effectively with the rest of the team and thrive for guest feedback
· Carry out kitchen tasks that require an expert level of skill and attention to detail
Your experience and skills include:
· Ability to work cohesively and collectively as part of a team
· Diploma/certification in a culinary discipline preferred
· 2+ years experience as a Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager or equivalent, preferably in a fine dining environment or five star property
· Current on all culinary trends and active in the furthering one’s own culinary development
· Proven leadership and managerial skills supporting an environment of colleague growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service is a plus
· Extremely creative with strong service skills and demonstrated ability to energize a diverse team of culinary professionals
· Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to perform job specifications with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
· Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met
Your team and working environment:
What was true in 1966 remains true to this day: The Century Plaza Hotel is part of a visionary development intent on doing what others could only imagine. Previously deemed the “Western White House,” (as the only venue outside the White House to host state dinners), Century Plaza’s place in history remains unshakeable. A modernized take on luxury and elevated guest experience from product to people enlivens the real wow factor.
This experience begins with a new kind of workplace, one where the energy is contagious, the stories are invigorating, and the challenges present inspiring opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor’s Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment.
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We commit to a future where diverse identities are celebrated, and equitable and inclusive practices are woven into the fabric of everything we do as an organization.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO M/F/V/D
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS