Raffles Hotels & Resort is a collection of award-winning luxury hotels located in vibrant destinations around the world. It is part of Accor Hotels brands, which offers unique moments and diverse experiences in more than 4.100 addresses throughout 95 countries. From luxury to economy, each hotel shares a common, well-being and warm welcome.
Raffles Seychelles offers spectacular colleague accommodation, accompanied by world class facilities, transportation, uniforms, meals and boat tickets to and from Praslin/Mahé. The Resort features 86 luxurious villas, the award-winning Raffles Spa as well as several stylish and unique dining options.
We offer excellent career development and growth opportunities for our colleagues who have the talent, dedication, drive and passion to be part of a leading global luxury hospitality brand.
Position: Spa Manager
Department: Spa & Recreation
Reports to: Director of Spa
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Spa Manager is responsible for the establishment and execution of clear short term and long-term goals as set by the Spa Director. The Spa Manager is responsible for the daily leadership of the spa operations ensuring all productivity and expense controls are followed as well as ensuring that all revenue opportunities, in keeping with the positioning of Raffles Spas, will be capitalized upon.
All Spa positions
• Direct operations of the facility, including short and long range strategic planning so that the spa operates cost effectively and efficiently.
• Ensure the establishment and execution of all departmental goals.
• Manage, train, and motivate all personnel reporting to this position.
• Serve as a link between the hotel and the spa industry.
• Meet with group meeting planners to show spa facility and programs as required.
• Promote and sell customized spa programs to conference groups as required.
• Tour prospective spa Guests.
• Provide and take responsibility for the professional delivery of all information on the telephone and in person to all potential spa Guests.
• Promote all hotel and spa packages and promotions.
• Assist in the implementation of 12-month marketing plan.
• Identify new business and marketing opportunities.
• Assist in the implementation of 12-month public relations program, i.e. calendar of events, media, etc.
• Work efficiently with hotel public relations in all aspects of spa/hotel promotion as required.
• Work with advertising and promotion as required.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of competitors, including location, product offering, pricing, promotions and sales techniques.
• Administration and implementation of staff training in all aspects of the spa’s operations, i.e. business telephone usage, guest relations, retail sales, spa services (massage, body scrubs, facials, etc.).
• Assist in the supervision, operation and coverage of all spa departments:
• Front desk/reception
• Ensure effective communication amongst all departments within the hotel.
• Establishment of professional business relationship with all vendors and development of all products inventories.
• Ensure adherence of standard operating procedures for each department.
• Submit monthly spa benchmarking information to Spa Director.
• Ensure adherence of departmental and facility policies.
• Establishment of ongoing administrative controls.
• Assist in the recruitment, development and training of all department heads and support staff.
• Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
• Ensure that weekly/monthly departmental communication meetings are effective.
• Available for Colleague and manager inquiries.
• Communications: Respond / review voice-mail and e-mail messages.
• Facility walk-through to have visual presence within department for all spa staff.
• Review or prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Follow, and ensure that Colleagues follow all safety procedures and practices, lead by example.
• Ensure all departments adhere to all safety practices of the spa.
• Assist in the development of and adherence to all departmental emergency procedures.
• Ensure Colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the spa's policy relating to safety.
• Responsibilities include assistance in the development of annual budgets within the facility.
• Approve payroll.
• Review daily productivity.
• Monitor scheduling of all services and special programming.
• Review purchase requisitions and forward to Spa Director for approval.
• Generate monthly facility productivity report.
• Measurement of the spa actual performance to budget.
• Review expenditures to ensure they are in keeping within the operating budgets.
• Review/approve all invoices before payment.
• Control the cost of goods purchased, services supplied and labor necessary to the sales and production of our products and service.
• Ensure spa departments maintain a positive relationship internally and with all departments in the hotel.
• Performance management discussions as required.
• Review facility's staffing plans.
• Establish short term and long term goals for each Supervisor and review status of each goal on a monthly basis.
• Co-ordinate departmental meetings, i.e. Body Techs, Aesthetics etc.
• Responsible for supervising all aspects of Colleagues, i.e. hiring, recognition, progressive corrective action etc.
• Responsible for the efficient training of all Colleagues in all aspects of job tasks.
• Responsible for all spa departments emergency training.
• Ensure Colleagues adhere to all spa standards as stated in the employee handbook.
• Conduct performance appraisals in a timely manner.
• Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
• Ensure Guest/member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the spa's first priority.
• Ensure cross training of all Colleagues in all applicable positions.
• Perform treatments when required.
• Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree (in Business Administration) an asset.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in management or supervisory position in a spa or related field an asset.
• Experience in the hospitality industry an asset.
• Human resources experience an asset.
• Desire to provide phenomenal Guest experiences.
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: