To ensure a smooth, five-star experience at check in/out and during reservations for all guests of The Spa while exceeding every guest’s expectation all while maintaining a positive working environment.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family.
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills.
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit.
What you will be doing:
- Greet and check in/out guests to ensure there is a five-star experience from beginning to end.
- Spa tours and various other tasks to deliver high quality guest service to our discerning guests.
- Be available to help with Retail duties as directed by Spa Management to include retail/skin care product sales.
- Assist guests to respective locker areas to avoid any confusion.
- Basic accounting knowledge as it relates to cash handling, credit and room charges.
- Address guest’s concerns or questions, resolving appropriately.
- Take ownership of any guest related problem and handle accordingly.
- Assure a clean, crisp and sanitary spa.
- Maintain knowledge of Spa Soft System and Point of Sale System.
- Comply with all Company safety and health policies and procedures.
- Requires standing, walking, sitting and bending during shift.
- Ability to book multiple appointments for guests on the phone and in person.
- Explain treatment services and products to guests in a knowledgeable, professional and thorough manner.
- Be knowledgeable and informed regarding all massage/body treatments, general spa and resort programs and services.
- Maintain availability and dedication to The Center for Wellbeing, being available to work weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Participate in and contribute to staff meetings, training, product knowledge classes and team efforts.
- Communicate all necessary information to appropriate parties in a polite and professional manner.
- Maintain personal appearance and grooming standards consistent with the management standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
Your experience and skills include:
- Must be professional, service oriented, accurate, gentle and work with attention to detail, striving to exceed the expectations of every guest every time.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions as related to The Center for Wellbeing.
- Able to multi-task to ensure there is smooth transition from guest to guest.
- Create and maintain a professional, safe, nurturing and healing environment where the experience at The Center for Wellbeig lends itself to making a difference in our guest’s lives.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Some computer knowledge helpful; not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application, Spa Soft (will train) and basic accounting principles
- Excellent personal appearance, good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and multitask with ease all while focusing on the guest. Knowledge of guest service and/or hospitality industry a plus.
Your team and working environment:
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS