At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, all guest service has the potential to create a lasting memory when it is delivered with warmth and sincerity. Be an ambassador for our brand as a Sushi Chef, where the engaging and anticipative service you will make our guests feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience to come.
What is in it for you:
- Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe.
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
What you will be doing:
- Create a rich sushi menu with various main ingredients and raw fish (for example, salmon, tuna, unagi)
- Prepare all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi
- Select fresh fruits and vegetables to make high-quality dishes (like avocado, mango and carrots)
- Add additional flavors to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce, when appropriate
- Manage food prep activities, like boiling rice
- Coordinate with wait staff to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies
- Prepare appetizers, soups and salads that are close to the philosophy of Japanese cuisine
- Monitor food stock and place orders, as needed
- Recommend new, modern recipes, like sushi burgers
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of
Your experience and skills include:
- Work experience as a Sushi Chef or at an Asian restaurant
- Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques
- Ability to work both fast and accurately
- Availability to work during business hours, including weekends and evenings
- Flexibility to take on various shifts
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
Your team and working environment:
Opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor’s Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS