Energy, Carbon and Water Project Manger F/M (Apprenticeship/En alternance)
Are you looking to make a difference and help shape the future of the hospitality industry for Europe’s largest hotel operator? A unique opportunity exists for a collaborative person with a passion for sustainability and the net-zero transition, with the technical skills and business smarts to back it up.
What's in it for you:
- You will join a dedicated international team with a laser focus on the development and implementation of Accor’s smart green hotels and net-zero climate strategy.
- You will be challenged in the role and supported by a mix of on-the-job-training and mentoring.
- Under normal circumstances you will be based at the Group’s headquarters in Issy-les-Moulineaux on the 20th floor, overlooking the rooftops of Paris, with amenities including an excellent canteen, gym facilities and much more.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to the framing and development of Accor's net-zero carbon program and the sustainability program.
- Support project tasks associated with Accor's Carbon Strategy and smart green hotels initiatives, including hotel animation.
- Support the scoping and implementation of Accor's new GAIA/OPEN 2.0 energy, carbon and water reporting tool.
- Support the preparation of Accor's annual environmental reporting (energy, water, carbon) for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the analysis of hotel data to identify opportunities to drive environmental performance improvements, and track and present results.
- Monitor and report on emerging best practice within the sector; help improve current methodologies and propose new approaches.
Your experience and skills include:
- Currently in Master level studies (Bac+4/5) in Engineering, Environmental Science, Built Environment or equivalent. Candidates in other degrees looking to transition into the space will also be considered.
- 3 years' experience in managing projects.
- Experience working with large data sets using Excel and other relevant tools.
- Knowledge of current and emerging sustinable finance and ESG trends.
- Exceptional communication, strong spoken and written English and French.
- Don't forget to attach your CV and covering letter.Don't forget to attach your CV and covering letter.
Your team and working environment:
- In 2019 Accor established a new Design and Technical Services project team to focus on the development and implementation of a new carbon strategy including smart green building initiatives which aims to reduce group carbon emissions in line with the Paris Agreement and establish new environmental performance standards for hotels.
- Employing a data driven approach, the team works in collaboration with departments across the business to advance projects on priority low-carbon and environmental topics.
- While environmental performance improvement is the outcome we target, our approach is commercial to ensure compelling advice and solutions for our 5000+ hotels in 100+ countries.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS