The Engagement Growth Marketing team at Airbnb is at the intersection of marketing, engineering and data science. Our work is imperative to driving the top line of the entire company. As the Engagement Production Specialist, you will play a critical role in managing Airbnb’s relationship with our guests and hosts. Your responsibilities include building and executing user-facing campaigns across channels like email, push, onsite messaging, focused on improving user metrics like activation, engagement, retention & reactivation. You will serve as a subject matter expert on tooling / systems and campaign production to ensure all Engagement campaigns are executed on time with an extremely high degree of accuracy and effectiveness. You will be supporting the central global Engagement Marketing team, and collaborating closely with cross-functional partners across Engineering, Product, and Creative to deliver world-class campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a combination of technical ability, email / lifecycle marketing experience, and project management skills.
What You Will Do
- Build, schedule, launch and monitor automated and ad hoc user-facing campaigns across channels including but not limited to: email, push, onsite, landing pages
- Enable the execution of business requirements by assessing tooling / feature functionality & data pipeline needs, working with Platform Engineering to support campaign execution as needed
- Build SQL queries and/or manipulate .csv/Excel files in order to create custom user segments and appropriate send lists based on established campaign goals
- Build complex dynamic content within email / push campaigns
- Set up A/B/n experiments to enable the team to garner the desired data and learnings from a campaign
- QA: Ensure that all executed campaigns are 100% error free, with targeting and functionality that match specifications
- QA: Ensure that all messaging and creative render flawlessly across major platforms/browsers.
- Help plan, scope, and execute projects of varying size and complexity
- Proactively flag potential issues or roadblocks during scoping, and escalate any bugs or build issues to the appropriate POCs to identify fixes
- Operate as a subject matter expert on all systems related to Engagement channels to drive smooth execution and optimization
- Manage campaign lead times with Marketing, Program Management, Creative and Engineering teams to ensure timely receipt of all required information to deliver on-time launches
- Actively propose and make changes to production workflow as needed, collaborating with Platform team on improvements to systems
- Manage competing demands and prioritize effectively; proactively communicate delivery status and navigate issues
- Assist in documentation of internal best practice, tooling and process development
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years experience building and executing high-volume, large scale personalized email / push campaigns of varying complexity from production and deployment to QA
- Has high level of expertise and familiarity with Enterprise-level ESPs; able to navigate any ESP effortlessly. Experience with custom built in-house CRM systems a plus.
- Experienced in using SQL to build send logic and targeting queries. Highly comfortable with Excel / spreadsheets.
- Deep understanding of email coding / development and client-specific needs. Knowledgeable about responsive design for mobile.
- React / Typescript experience a big plus
- Hyper attentive to details with strong organizational skills and can execute complex segmentation and dynamic campaigns flawlessly, with minimal supervision
- Comfortable prioritizing tasks and managing multiple tracks of work in a fast-paced environment. Exhibits high degree of initiative and is highly autonomous.
- Adept at problem solving and has an appetite for process and tooling improvements to maximize efficiency
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills; able to articulate status, insights and challenges effectively
- Solid knowledge of email technologies, best practices, and industry challenges
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for lifecycle marketing and user engagement
- Undergraduate degree required