As a Waiter / Waitress you are responsible to provide professional service to our guests, ensuring their restaurant visit will become a memorable dining experience whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Perform all necessary tasks to service food and beverage according to the standard of performance manual of the hotel
• Greet and seat customers and serve them in a professional, discreet and personalized way
• Acquire in depth knowledge of the food and beverage menu of the assigned outlet in order to assist and provide advice to guests
• Consistently monitor quality of food & beverage being served
• Practice good customer relations and attend to customer complaints / queries satisfactorily
• Responsible for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness standards in the outlet and upkeep of all service equipment
• Responsible for all service preparations before, during and after the service (mis-en-place and mis-en-scene)
• Ensure minimum wastage, breakage and spoilage
• Actively use up selling techniques to exceed guest expectations and increase revenue
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a diploma / degree in hospitality or a vocational training in food & beverage with previous experiences as a Waiter / Waitress in a high volume restaurant. A good command of English and additional skills, like guest service and interpersonal are essentials.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be hands-on with a true passion for people and service along with a positive and pleasant attitude. You will thrive working in a busy environment and stay calm under pressure, have attention to details and should possess following competencies:
Understanding the Job
Al Bandar Rotana & Al Bandar Arjaan by Rotana
Situated on the north shore of Dubai Creek, the thriving waterway that runs through the heart of the city, Al Bandar Rotana & Al Bandar Arjaan by Rotana is a five-star hotel & hotel apartments with a prime waterfront outlook. Located on Baniyas Road in one of Dubai’s most prominent business districts, the waterside hotel is just a few minutes by road from the world’s busiest airport, Dubai International, as well as the Dubai World Trade Centre and the Diplomatic District. Major tourism attractions are on the doorstep for this 5 star hotel, from mega malls to world-famous souks. The new Al Seef destination is rooted in Dubai’s culture and heritage, with a charming atmosphere that fuses the heritage and modernity of the Emirate. The design-led Rise Dubai Creek Harbour development is also a short drive away from our luxury hotel, home to live music, DJ sets, movie screenings and unusual casual dining concepts.
This modern, architecturally-striking property, features 190 uniquely-designed luxury hotel rooms and suites & 80 hotel apartments. Spacious, luxurious and featuring the latest amenities, options range from standard rooms to suites, ideal for both business and leisure travellers and families visiting Dubai. Al Bandar Rotana also offers Club Rotana rooms with additional benefits including an Executive Lounge and personalised services.
Guests are spoiled for choice with five dining options to suit every taste and occasion during their stay in Dubai. From seasonal authentic food at Gusto Italian Restaurant to Morgan’s Bar & Restaurant, the only gastropub in Dubai Creek, you are in for a real treat. For casual meals, all-day dining restaurant Salt & Pepper is just the ticket, while Vanilla Lobby Lounge is the place to enjoy tea, coffee and snacks. All outlets are complemented with a terrace overlooking stunning views of the Creek and Dubai’s skyline. Refreshing drinks and snacks can be savoured at The Deck Pool Lounge, while in-room dining is available around the clock.
Your meeting and event needs are well looked after too with six fully-equipped venues which are flooded with natural daylight and offer flexible set-up options to accommodate all requirements and occasions. Take care of your body and mind during your stay in Dubai at the Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club featuring a modern gym with cardiovascular and free-weight training areas, as well as a swimming pool and sauna, steam and massage rooms.
Other suggested jobs
- Waiter/WaitressDubai, United Arab Emirates
- Housekeeping AttendantDubai, United Arab Emirates
- Minibar AttendantDubai, United Arab Emirates
- Housekeeping Order TakerDubai, United Arab Emirates
- Bartender/ BartendressDubai, United Arab Emirates