Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, SREE Hotels, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
SREE Hotels LLC is seeking a customer-focused, experienced Guest Care Manager to serve with the General Manager in leading our superb team of hospitality professionals at the aLoft Charleston Airport & Convention Center hotel (a Marriott brand) in promoting the highest level of guest satisfaction. The aLoft Charleston Airport & Convention Center is located in North Charleston, SC near the Tanger Outlet Mall.
ABOUT the aloft Charleston, SC
- Urban cool in unexpected places.
- For the modern guest who craves something bold, sleek and unique, Aloft offers a forward design and tech-savvy space, with an urban look and a bright social scene, loft-like guest rooms, a buzzing bar scene in the open lobby, an urban-inspired grab-and-go and industrial design elements throughout makes Aloft a far cry from its conventional, cookie-cutter competitors. Aloft has redefined the segment infusing urban-inspired, tech-forward sensibility, modern design and an energetic, social guest experience at an affordable price point.
- Guest Care Manager
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To assist in overseeing the hotel in all aspects of operations effectively, ensuring proper training of staff, compliance to brand standards, promoting high guest satisfaction and profitability.
- Interview, hire and on board new staff to meet the highest levels of guest service.
- Ensure new associates participate in new-hire orientation and make sure all associates receive proper job-related training as well as participate in all required ongoing training requirements.
- Provide vision for the staff by promoting company and brand standards.
- Schedule staff for appropriate levels of service that drive guest satisfaction yet maintain profitability
- Fill in whatever capacity is needed when staffing levels are limited due to unexpected surges in occupancy, inclement weather, call outs or any other unforeseen reason.
- Coach and mentor staff to facilitate high associate satisfaction
- Process daily deposits and make collection calls to customers with direct billing approval.
- Identify and take action to drive incremental revenue during high demand times through effective yield management.
- Conduct daily and weekly inspections of the entire facility and work with other department leaders to ensure cleanliness and maintenance issues are addressed timely and effectively.
- Review daily audit reports for accuracy and investigation of any irregularities.
- Provide feedback to staff during staff meetings about a) guest survey scores, b) associate survey scores, c) financial goals/budgets, and d) operational issues to facilitate associate understanding and buy-in toward areas in need of improvement.
- Interact with guests when there is a complaint and resolve it to their satisfaction.
- At least 3 years hotel experience (in a management or supervisory role)
- Brand experience strongly preferred.
- Full operational knowledge of property management system.
- Experience in Food & Beverage
- Must be a positive role model for staff and co-workers with ability to identify and resolve problems timely.
- Must be flexible in work hours to accommodate last minute changes in scheduling
- Must be able to change tasks and adjust energy level needed to accommodate a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to engage and interact with associates and guests
- Must be detail oriented in supervising staff, inspection of facilities and completing assignments.
JOB SETTING AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employees in this position work primarily indoors. To perform the job successfully the candidate must be able to use a computer and other standard office equipment, talk to customers on the phone, and maintain a calm demeanor when dealing with customer issues. Employees must also be able to walk and stand for long periods of time. The Guest Care Manager must be able to quickly maneuver to any location in the hotel. Fluency in the English language and the ability to speak, hear, read and write are required as is the ability to work any hours/days of the week necessary to meet business requirements.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of people assigned to this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. All employees may be required to perform activities outside of their normal job responsibilities from time to time as needed.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Charleston, SC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration