Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby. Serves as Guest Relations Manager and handles the tracking of service issues.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Property Operations and Guest Relations Needs
· Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
· Communicates any variations to the established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
· Sends copy of MOD report to all departments on a daily basis.
· Strives to improve service performance.
· Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Supporting Profitability Goals
· Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
· Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
· Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
Managing the Guest Experience
· Intervenes in any guest/associate situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and associate well being is preserved.
· Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
· Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
· Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
· Ensures associates understand customer service expectations and parameters.
· Interacts with customers on a regular basis throughout the property to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
· Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
· Records guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
Assisting Human Resources Activities
· Participates as needed in the investigation of associate and guest accidents.
· Observes service behaviors of associates and providing feedback to individuals.
· Conducts regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, staffing, security, and maintenance.
· Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
· Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successfully daily operations.
· Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPS) and support the Peer Review Process.
· Understands and, if necessary, implements all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o General Property Operations - Knowledge of the operating principles and practices of all brand/property-specific functions to support successful operations of the overall property (e.g., Engineering/Maintenance, Event Management, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal/Contracting, Food and Beverage, Guest Services/Front Desk, Sales & Marketing, Security/Loss Prevention, Retail/Gift Shops, Spa, and Recreation/Health Club).
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Front Office reception, Rooms division, Guest Relations, Customer Service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Marriott London Complex
Marriott London Complex hotels encompassing The Park Tower Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Le Méridien Piccadilly, Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Hotel, W London Leicester Square and Aloft London Excel.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.