Strategic Sales Director
Summary of the role:
Have you had success selling enterprise technology to Fortune 100 corporations? Are you passionate about helping a challenger brand become a US business travel market leader? Are you excited by the challenge of building relationships with the largest global enterprises in the world? Does selling innovative online booking and expense management technology motivate you? If so, this Amadeus Cytric Solutions commercial role is for you.
As a senior direct channel commercial team member, you will have the opportunity to identify and capture new business opportunities targeting BTN 100 accounts based in the US with annual travel budgets of roughly $100M+.
In this role you’ll:
- Has specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline or function. Provides expert guidance, promotes innovation and may formally trains groups of less experienced professionals.
- Has a broad understanding of the environment and uses it to improve efficiency, recommends solutions/best practices and influence the strategy of the department.
- Works independently, based on management directions. May coordinate functional teams or projects and serves as a best practices/quality resource.
- May participate in the preparation of the long term plan (sales forecast and solutions based on customer feedback) and definition of the sales plan.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities by establishing and developing relationships with top-level executives.
- Identify customers’ specific needs and submit business proposals.
- Coordinate and participate in RFP/RFI responses and follow-up.
- Promote and sell products, services and solutions through direct contacts, events and road shows.
- Deliver sales presentations to senior management and demonstrate products.
- Manage negotiations to closure.
- Actively participate in the overall marketing activities and programs and contribute to marketing intelligence.
- Perform Market and competitor analysis.
About the ideal candidate:
- Education: Bachelor/master’s degree in business administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant IT work experience
- Relevant Work Experience: Minimum 15 years’ experience in a commercial roles. Solid experience in the IT/Travel industry and network in the US market.
- Business Understanding: Has a deep knowledge of SaaS, understanding of Amadeus: history, business, offer, strategy, technology and organization, strong proven experience in B2B sales
- Computing: Generic Office and Internet applications, Salesforce experience
- Languages: English fluent (other languages are a plus)
- Specific Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the US market and IT Industry.
- Experience in selling to fortune 500 companies outside of the travel industry.
- Strong market network.
- Previous sales experience in online booking tools + TMC services to corporations preferred
- Location: Remote or hybrid if near an Amadeus office location
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work for one of the world’s top leading travel tech companies; a company that originated in technology innovation and sees the world with a technology-first perspective
- Skills development and opportunities to try new ideas
- A global diverse work environment
The application process takes no longer than 10 minutes! Create your candidate profile, upload your CV and apply.
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorization.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.Diversity & Inclusion
Amadeus is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition), ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veterans status, sexual orientation, gender expression, perception, or identity, marital status, mental or physical disability status, or any other protected federal, state, or local status unrelated to performance of work involved.