Leads Revenue Analysis Managers in executing analysis activities focusing on revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel(s)' rooms and space inventory in a given market or cluster. Develops and/or uses analytical tools and systems to maximize revenues and profit. Position is accountable for preparing forecasts, budgets and projections. Position contributes to sales strategy, evaluates effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities. Serves as a demand expert to the Director/Manager of Group Strategy and Director/Manager of Inventory Management.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Provides revenue analysis functional expertise and leadership to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Extracts and analyzes data in order to draw viable/actionable business conclusions.
• Prepares forecasts of revenue, profit, demand and occupancy for rooms and function space – 3-month and 6 month, long range and budget.
• Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Updates market knowledge and aligns strategies and approaches accordingly.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
• Establishes long-range objectives and specifies the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
• Prepares sales strategy critique.
• Prepares budgets for transient, group and catering.
• Manages all revenue, profit and demand data associated with rooms and function space.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue analysis processes.
• Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
• Promotes and protects brand equity.
• Participates in quarterly regional reviews.
• Contributes to development of hotel sales goals, pricing and selling strategy and customer information.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and hires employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the unit.
• Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Conducts employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Administers bonus and incentive programs.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems and concerns.
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
• Ensures regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired business results.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Job type
- Amman, Jordan
- Revenue Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible