With its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 meeting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and enthusiastic colleague! Do you want to work in a dynamic work environment in the center of Amsterdam and are you interested in a position at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel? Read the information below and get excited to apply!
What are your responsibilities?
As the Quality Assistant you ensure world class customer service is provided to all our guests. You will address our guests needs in a professional, positive and timely manner by actively listen and respond positively to guest requests, questions, concerns and using brand specific process to resolve issues, delight and build trust. During your shift you will be the one who is responsible to welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guests name when possible. Of course you will assist your colleagues and you will guide them to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service. You enjoy working with people and you have excellent hospitality skills. Also, you will be responsible for all the online questions and reactions from our guests. You will take care of all the requests of the guest that we receive by email before the check-in and for the feedback we receive from our guests on our social media channels after check-out.
What makes you the perfect fit?
You enjoy working in an international environment and you are passionate about delivering excellent customer service to make sure that our guests experience a memorable stay. You enjoy working with people and work well in a team. You have great organizational-, communication- and leadership skills. You have a good overview and are proactive in your daily routine. You can coach and motivate your colleagues to give their best and you have a high guest focus. To be eligible for this position you…
· Have at least 2 years of experience in the Front Office and / or Guest Relations Department of an international hotel chain;
· Have experience in customer service;
· Can communicate fluently English, another language is of course a plus;
· Are willing to work morning, evening (AM/PM), and weekend shifts;
· Are pro-active and reliable;
· Are most of all: creative!
What do you get in return?
The Amsterdam Marriott Hotel is part of Marriott International and offers a competitive salary & a wide package of benefits. Each year you will have a performance appraisal and depending on your performance you will get a salary increase. Furthermore we offer:
- A professional environment to work in;
- Personal coaching & training to support you in your day-to-day job;
- Career possibilities within Marriott International;
- Special discounted rates for 6000+ Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends;
- A TakeCare program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year;
- We organize many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, an annual Staff Party and Team outings.
For more information about the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel please have a look on our website; www.amsterdammarriott.com.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Amsterdam-West, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Front Office reception, Rooms division, Customer Service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
Constantly on top of innovation, our city centre hotel features flexible & newly refurbished meeting spaces, perfect for conferences, small business meetings & social events alike. Our mission is to host you brilliantly, to make every event & stay with us memorable and effortless. Book now at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.