As Finance Coordinator you are responsible for assisting the controller in smooth administration of the finance office by ensuring appropriate communication and follow up within the department and other departments. Your role needs you to adhere to policies and procedures ensuring the smooth functioning of the Finance Department and will include key responsibilities such as:
• Maintain a filing system for all incoming and outgoing correspondence of the Director of Finance
• Maintains a track of all contract and FF&E approval requests to ensure compliance with corporate guidelines and follow up for approval.
• Maintain a tracking and filing system for all Service/ Maintenance/ Supply/ Outsource/ Concessionaire contracts and follow up for renewals
• Administer the courier needs of the Department/Hotel as per the established Hotel procedures
• Coordinate and follow up with all concerned on all internal and corporate reporting requirement related to finance
• Prepare outgoing correspondence as per established templates, manage the calendar, handles telephones, messages and follow ups on behalf of the controller
• Inform suppliers as and when the checks are ready and issues them out as per the check issue procedures
• Prepare and submit the check collection report on a daily basis to the General Cashier
• Attend meetings, prepares minutes and circulates them as required
• Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and colleagues’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
• Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
You should have a university degree in a related discipline with preferable experience within the same role. You must be a computer literate, ideally with proficiency in a computerized payroll system and fluent in English.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be result oriented, self motivated and with a positive attitude. You have the ability to think laterally and have strong social skills and a presence, enabling you to interact and deal with colleagues effectively. You portray a fair leadership style and be easily approachable for colleagues at all levels, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results
Amwaj Rotana, Jumeirah Beach
Located by the beach on Dubai’s glamorous and cosmopolitan leisure and retail promenade, The Walk, Amwaj Rotana is one of the finest five-star luxury hotels in the Marina district. With popular attractions right on its doorstep, from the famous Jumeirah Beach and bustling Beach Mall with its children’s waterpark, to Bluewaters Island, home to the world’s tallest Ferris Wheel, Ain Dubai, it is a convenient and luxurious destination for business and leisure travellers. Dubai International Airport and Al Maktoum International are both a 25-minute drive from the property.
Enjoy the sophistication and space of our 301 elegantly-furnished rooms and suites, all featuring private balconies with stunning views of Jumeirah Beach, the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah, plus complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our bespoke Club Rotana rooms and make the most of our hotel-within-a-hotel concept offering exclusive benefits and privileges, including lounge access.
Experience our award-winning food and beverage venues including the world-famous Benihana Restaurant, serving delicious American-Japanese Teppanyaki; JB’s Gastropub, with a menu inspired by British and American pub favourites; the chic Rosso Restaurant and Bar offering authentic Italian flair; and our all-day dining venue, Horizon, showcasing the world’s most popular cuisines. For a casual get together with friends, try the funky Arabesque Fumo Lounge by Rosso; sip a relaxing drink by the pool at the Sundeck Pool Bar; or enjoy a quick bite and coffee or freshly-squeezed juice at the Atrium Lobby Lounge. For business meetings or events with distinction, choose from three conference rooms and the world-class Sadaf Ballroom, all equipped with state-of-the-art technologies.
Keep in shape or take time to relax at the Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club with outdoor swimming pools and a sun terrace, a fully-equipped fitness centre, a Jacuzzi, steam and sauna rooms and beautiful Jumeirah coastline views as a backdrop. For guests travelling with young children our Flipper’s Kids Club offers a range of fun, supervised activities to keep your little ones busy.