As a Host / Hostess you are responsible to receive and give a warm welcome to our guests, providing an efficient and courteous approach at all times and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Offer consistently professional, friendly, warm and engaging service
• Welcome guests to the assigned outlet, receive and conduct guests to tables, ensure that they are attended to and be available for them at all times as a point of contact
• Take outlet reservations, handle the reservation book and answer the telephone in an impeccable manner
• Set up the outlet prior to the business hours along with the service team
• Coordinate with the service team in making necessary arrangements according to floor plan for reservations or blocking off reserved tables
• Observe the cleanliness and maintenance of the outlet and the entrance area
• Assure the well-being of all guests by maintaining a close, friendly, yet discrete contact
• Be aware of all menus and ongoing promotions in the outlet by heart in order to recommend if a guest requests
• Contribute in setting up the outlets database
• Reassure the guests’ satisfaction upon their departure
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a diploma / degree in hospitality with preferable previous experiences in the Food & Beverage Department within a hotel. You must deal in a polite and sophisticated manner and have an excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written. Multiple language ability is considered as additional advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be service orientated and strive to exceed the expectations of our guests at every turn. You are enthusiastic and committed with good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude and a great smile, be smart in appearance and well groomed, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the Job
Amwaj Rotana, Jumeirah Beach
Located by the beach on Dubai’s glamorous and cosmopolitan leisure and retail promenade, The Walk, Amwaj Rotana is one of the finest five-star luxury hotels in the Marina district. With popular attractions right on its doorstep, from the famous Jumeirah Beach and bustling Beach Mall with its children’s waterpark, to Bluewaters Island, home to the world’s tallest Ferris Wheel, Ain Dubai, it is a convenient and luxurious destination for business and leisure travellers. Dubai International Airport and Al Maktoum International are both a 25-minute drive from the property.
Enjoy the sophistication and space of our 301 elegantly-furnished rooms and suites, all featuring private balconies with stunning views of Jumeirah Beach, the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah, plus complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our bespoke Club Rotana rooms and make the most of our hotel-within-a-hotel concept offering exclusive benefits and privileges, including lounge access.
Experience our award-winning food and beverage venues including the world-famous Benihana Restaurant, serving delicious American-Japanese Teppanyaki; JB’s Gastropub, with a menu inspired by British and American pub favourites; the chic Rosso Restaurant and Bar offering authentic Italian flair; and our all-day dining venue, Horizon, showcasing the world’s most popular cuisines. For a casual get together with friends, try the funky Arabesque Fumo Lounge by Rosso; sip a relaxing drink by the pool at the Sundeck Pool Bar; or enjoy a quick bite and coffee or freshly-squeezed juice at the Atrium Lobby Lounge. For business meetings or events with distinction, choose from three conference rooms and the world-class Sadaf Ballroom, all equipped with state-of-the-art technologies.
Keep in shape or take time to relax at the Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club with outdoor swimming pools and a sun terrace, a fully-equipped fitness centre, a Jacuzzi, steam and sauna rooms and beautiful Jumeirah coastline views as a backdrop. For guests travelling with young children our Flipper’s Kids Club offers a range of fun, supervised activities to keep your little ones busy.