Is it a restaurant? Is it a bar? It''s Bluespoon!
At Bluespoon we break the rules of traditional dining and place everything in service of the most important aspect of food: taste! Yes, in that funky jewel on the canal, we serve European flavors with a Dutch edge, in our Bluespoon Restaurant & Bar and our Events department.
Do you feel your creative juices flowing?!
Because we are looking for a Commis Chef for Bluespoon!
Who are WE looking for?
- Not just for any chef; we are looking for a Bluespoon Commis Chef who will work on all beautiful and creative dishes;
- A pro-active team player that loves to assist the team with mise-en-place and food preparation;
- Someone who is eager learn and is not afraid to do new suggestions for alternative menu items for the culinary department;
- By adding some personal flavor and touch, a Bluespoon Commis Chef is flexible and will not back away from some tasks in and around the kitchen in order to exceed guests’ culinary expectations.
- A starters position in the kitchen and perhaps the kick-off of your beautiful culinary career;
- A great place to work with a canal view;
- A bunch of cool colleagues;
- International working experience;
- Good primary and secondary working conditions (read: loads of training opportunities, career planning, discounts all over the world and let’s not forget about our social activities…!)
YOUR recipe to success:
- You already have a little bit of experience working as a commis chef or kitchen assistant;
- You have a diploma in food production;
- You know all about HACCP;
- Creativity, motivation and a hands-on mentality;
- A love for Dutch cuisine;
- An international state of mind;
- Good language and communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch as well;
Uncomplicated, sophisticated, young-at-heart, genuine, hospitable, vibrant...
Do these words describe you or even more, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with?
If the answer is YES, then apply now with your CV and your recipe to success!
- Job type
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
Once a nondescript public library building overlooking the Prinsengracht (Prince’s Canal), Andaz Amsterdam has been transformed into a fantastical dream-world by Dutch architect and renowned designer Marcel Wanders. This is the place where old becomes new, history fuses with modern-day living, and your luxury hotel beats with the same heart as the city. Traditional Dutch art and culture meshes with the present at every turn—sit in the oversized tulip chairs and read the history of Amsterdam on the wallpaper, stroll through the romantic, secretive garden, and take pictures in our Instagram-worthy Observatorium, where the history of Dutch seafaring is retold through light-fixture constellations and Old World maps.
The Andaz Amsterdam is the preferred hotel of the Stedelijk Museum, and features a unique collection of more than 40 video art pieces throughout the hotel. With 122 uniquely Dutch-designed guestrooms and the Bluespoon Restaurant and Bar serving up uncomplicated European cuisine, the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht is a hotel that is inspired and continuously inspires the spirit of the neighbourhood.