Andaz; the Hindi meaning of "personal style". Local inspirations, simplified luxuries, uncompromised service and leading edge design.
In the role of Event Operations trainee, you will be part of our amazing F&B team, with special focus on Meetings and Events for our valuable guests. In this role, you will be responsible for providing excellent service to our hotel guests and conduct extensive knowledge in food & beverage products and wine & food pairing. Other areas cover administrative tasks.
‘Are you an Events enthusiast with a passion for service that would like to develop its qualities and skills?’
YES, because you want…
• to obtain knowledge and understanding of the operations;
• to be a great host by caring for the guests and assisting them with any requests;
• to be flexible, creative and proactive in order to meet and foresee the guests' needs;
• to constantly look for ways to improve the guest experience before and during the events;
• to compute bills and accept payments, verify cash and credit cards presented by guests;
• to enhance training plan/product knowledge of the team;
• to pay attention to detail and be proactive;
• to effectively organize your own time and prepare for current and upcoming events;
• to work well in a team, being aware of the importance of cooperation;
• to be flexible in working days & times.
And you are…
• currently enrolled in a program related to the hospitality or tourism industry;
• seeking opportunities to incorporate positive changes that will enhance efficiency and effectiveness;
• a believer in good customer service, with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• motivated, hands-on and enthusiastic, being a great fit both the position and Andaz’ culture;
• available for five months (or, ideally, longer!);
• proficient in English and, if we are lucky, in Dutch as well;
• eligible to work in the Netherlands, holding a EU passport or valid Dutch work permit.
· A great place to work with a canal view;
· An entry into the World of Hyatt, where internships may lead into jobs;
· International working experience;
· Great intern working conditions (read: intern allowance, housing allowance, loads of training opportunities, potential career planning, discounts all over the world and let’s not forget about our social activities…!)
· A dynamic and rewarding traineeship at one the premier hotels in Amsterdam.
If the above is what YOU want and who YOU are, please apply and tell us all about why WE are a good match for YOU!
Don't forget to make clear your desired start date and internship duration in the application :)
- Job type
- Internship, Full-time
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Events, F&B other, Management Trainee, Sales & Marketing, Catering
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
Once a nondescript public library building overlooking the Prinsengracht (Prince’s Canal), Andaz Amsterdam has been transformed into a fantastical dream-world by Dutch architect and renowned designer Marcel Wanders. This is the place where old becomes new, history fuses with modern-day living, and your luxury hotel beats with the same heart as the city. Traditional Dutch art and culture meshes with the present at every turn—sit in the oversized tulip chairs and read the history of Amsterdam on the wallpaper, stroll through the romantic, secretive garden, and take pictures in our Instagram-worthy Observatorium, where the history of Dutch seafaring is retold through light-fixture constellations and Old World maps.
The Andaz Amsterdam is the preferred hotel of the Stedelijk Museum, and features a unique collection of more than 40 video art pieces throughout the hotel. With 122 uniquely Dutch-designed guestrooms and the Bluespoon Restaurant and Bar serving up uncomplicated European cuisine, the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht is a hotel that is inspired and continuously inspires the spirit of the neighbourhood.