Andaz; the Hindi meaning of "personal style". Local inspirations, simplified luxuries, uncompromised service and leading edge design.
‘Do you have an eye for detail and do want to be a motivator?’
YES, because you want…
· …to be a buzzing central centipede;
· …to independently lead a daily team of 15 people;
· …to be responsible for the daily operations, group arrivals and VIP rooms;
· …to obtain full understanding of all areas of the Housekeeping operations: rooms, public areas, laundry, housemen, minibar, deep cleaning projects, uniforms and stock control and purchasing;
· …to take on challenges and tackle this in a team effort;
· …to know all ins and outs regarding Housekeeping administration, including scheduling, working hours, dry cleaning registration for accounting, linen stock control, tracking of credits and quality checks, stock control and purchasing.
And you are…
· …currently enrolled in a hospitality or tourism-related study program;
· ...always seeking for opportunities and creative solutions that enhance efficiency and effectiveness;
· …hands-on, pro-active and enthusiastic;
· …available for five months or longer;
· …not afraid to make decisions;
· …detail-oriented and approachable;
· …very communicative in English and in Dutch.
· A great place to work with a canal view;
· An entry into the World of Hyatt, where internships may lead into jobs;
· International working experience;
· Great intern working conditions (read: intern allowance, housing allowance, loads of training opportunities, potential career planning, discounts all over the world and let’s not forget about our social activities…!)
If the above is what you want and who you are, please apply and tell us all about you
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Centrum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
Once a nondescript public library building overlooking the Prinsengracht (Prince’s Canal), Andaz Amsterdam has been transformed into a fantastical dream-world by Dutch architect and renowned designer Marcel Wanders. This is the place where old becomes new, history fuses with modern-day living, and your luxury hotel beats with the same heart as the city. Traditional Dutch art and culture meshes with the present at every turn—sit in the oversized tulip chairs and read the history of Amsterdam on the wallpaper, stroll through the romantic, secretive garden, and take pictures in our Instagram-worthy Observatorium, where the history of Dutch seafaring is retold through light-fixture constellations and Old World maps.
The Andaz Amsterdam is the preferred hotel of the Stedelijk Museum, and features a unique collection of more than 40 video art pieces throughout the hotel. With 122 uniquely Dutch-designed guestrooms and the Bluespoon Restaurant and Bar serving up uncomplicated European cuisine, the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht is a hotel that is inspired and continuously inspires the spirit of the neighbourhood.