Andaz Gangnam, Seoul will be the first Andaz hotel to open in South Korea, fourth in Asia Pacific after Shanghai, Tokyo and Singapore. The debut of Andaz Gangnam, Seoul will expand Hyatt’s footprint in South Korea where the company currently has five hotels across three brands (Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Park Hyatt), including two in the capital. Located in Seoul's vibrant and affluent Apgujeong neighborhood in the Gangnam district, the Andaz Gangnam, Seoul will feature 241 guest rooms, a lobby lounge, an all-day dining restaurant, a pool and a fitness center with spa treatment rooms.
You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations.
The Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Chef de Cuisine in managing his / her assigned kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as Sous Chef or 3 years as Chef de Partie in a hotel or large restaurant with good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands.
- Qualification in Kitchen Production or Management will be an advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
- Basic Computer Skills in MS Office, and Recipe Maintenance System is preferred.
- Communication skills both in English and Korean.
- Job type
- Seoul, South Korea
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract