Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://careers-hhmlp.icims.com/jobs/17480/general-manager/job
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Thayer Lodging Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Lead and manage hotel operations to maximize profits and achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Potential Career Path
Area General Manager - Regional Director of Operations - Vice President of Operations
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness, quality of product, and service throughout hotel.
- Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget, financial reports and annual and monthly forecasts that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- In conjunction with sales leader, develop and implement sales and marketing plans.
- Critically review reports of occupancy and revenue, partner with revenue management professionals to analyze trends and implement changes to maximize room revenue.
- Maintain positive rapport with associates and customers and communicate regularly with the public, staff, corporate office, and owners.
- Handle associate issues appropriately and in conjunction with human resources following HHM policies.
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for HHM and hotel.
- Ensure safety practices and procedures are followed and proper emergency and security procedures are maintained.
- Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees.
- Monitor quality assurance scores and/or guest feedback and communicate to and train associates accordingly.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to drive culture of guest service and above average GSS score and remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Oversee sales department operations, and regularly participate in sales calls/client visits.
- Participate in Chamber of Commerce and local associations to network with members of the neighborhood/community.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHMs EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Business, Hospitality or a related field.
- Previous hotel management experience required.
- Work Environment and Context
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, using fingers and hands,kneeling, or crouching.
- Occasional travel required.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hershas legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hershas rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Annapolis, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible