Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Shaner Hotel Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Shaner Hotels has an amazing opportunity for a Sous Chef at our brand new Art Ovation Hotel, located in beautiful Sarasota, Florida.
This 162-room Art Ovation Hotel is a reinterpretation of an elevated hotel experience. We offer something unique to Sarasota, inspired and designed to engage the citys thriving arts scene. With on-site art installations, performances, and workshops, our guests are invited to interact and be part of the experience. Never static, always evolving, creativity is encouraged and everything conventional is reinvestigated and reinterpreted.
Our restaurant, Perspective, serves exceptional food for every formality. Our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as poolside service and in-room dining and our staff provides high quality food and drinks in a casual, artistic atmosphere. We expect our Associates to provide warm, friendly service with a genuine smile and pleasant attitude. We look for staff who are willing to learn and who seek opportunities to grow.
- Menu item presentation and consistency.
- Creating unique specials for catered hotel events.
- Working directly with the Executive Chef to ensure training and monitoring of front line culinary associates.
- Assisting in hiring and rewarding associates on a daily basis.
- A keen ability to prioritize, organize, delegate, and ensure managerial follow-through.
- Implementing and carrying out organizational policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Assisting the Executive Chef in addressing complaints and resolving problems is a must.
- 2-Year Culinary Degree.
- 5 years of experience in a high-volume culinary position, hotel experience preferred.
- High volume Banquet and A La Carte experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Downtown, Sarasota, FL, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible