We are looking for a maternity cover (6-month contract) of this role to support the OR team in a number of key projects focused on strengthening overall owner and franchisee satisfaction, such as owner communication (letters and newsletters), owner survey and account management. The individual will also work closely with all functions throughout the organization to develop communications and resources to explain Marriott’s business model, programs and initiatives, and company updates to the owner franchisee community.
The role reports to the Senior Director of Owner Relations in Asia Pacific.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Work closely with internal teams to understand the business, identify challenges and opportunities, produce communication and resource materials such as presentations, talking points, memos, letters, FAQs and others as needed.
• Coordinate between various levels and departments of the organization, across geographies, to address questions from and provide support to hotel owners and franchisees.
• Prepare, coordinate and draft suitable content for newsletters and letters to owners.
• Monitor news on ownership groups, briefing senior management of major developments.
• Represent the needs of and provide perspectives of owners in internal discussions relating to major business decisions.
• Support the planning and execution of programs supporting the function including surveys, database and account management.
• Min. 3 years of work experience in journalism, consulting/advisory, strategic or corporate communications.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, including the ability to create effective communication tools.
• Executive presence with the ability to work with and present to all levels of the organization.
• Excellent project management skills, with ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve owner satisfaction.
• Strategic thinking, sound judgment, and strong business acumen.
• Keen attention-to-detail, high degree of initiative and resourcefulness, as well as a service-oriented attitude.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
• Experience in or in-depth knowledge of the hotel and/or real estate industry, a plus.
• Strong command of English language a must.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
• Brand Management-The ability to generate marketing strategies that create brand recognition and differentiation and ultimately have a positive impact on customer relationships and business profitability.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
• Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
• Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.