The Director, Customer Experience Growth & Innovation is responsible for working with the broader Customer Experience Growth and Innovation teams to deliver the long-range enterprise customer strategy, through the lens of the APAC Continent local priorities, orchestrate cross-disciplinary efforts to most effectively achieve Marriott International’s customer mission in APAC, and manage/contribute to concept design/innovation projects for enterprise-level strategic initiatives in the APAC region. Reporting to the Vice President, Customer Experience – APAC and the Senior Director, CX Innovation, this role will be serve as the key point of contact for CX Growth and Innovation efforts in the APAC region. Major priorities include 1) localization of customer growth strategy (Project Monarch) in APAC; 2) support for the development of new concepts and innovations in APAC to support the enterprise-wide customer vision; 3) leadership of exploratory efforts to identify and test new technologies and trends; and 4) identification of venture/partners in APAC that can accelerate progress toward the long-range customer strategy. This role requires the capability to articulate strategy, navigate global/local projects, and drive concept creation/innovation.
Education and Experience Preferred
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related major.
· 8+ years of relevant professional experience, with a focus on business strategy and innovation, demonstrating progressive career growth.
· Prior experience in working in cross-discipline functions with a demonstrated ability to influence outside of formal reporting lines.
· Demonstrated ability to manage senior-level relationships in all portions of a project, from ‘top of the funnel’ strategy and business case formulation with few, high impact decision makers to the execution phase, with more fragmented leadership and approval points.
· Strong strategy-related skills, such business acumen, analytic abilities, and communication skills, as well as innovative thinking and creative experience
· Prior experience in Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy, Venture Capital, or Innovation Strategy preferred
· Fast learner and self-driven
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Alignment of the Enterprise Customer Growth Strategy to the APAC Customer Vision
· Contributes to the development of 3-5 year articulation of the enterprise growth strategy in the APAC region to 1) set direction and clarify a common approach for driving Customer Experience initiatives in APAC, 2) ensure core capabilities are built that will allow the APAC CX team to innovate for growth and 3) orchestrate local customer touch points to deliver a customer vision consistent with the enterprise strategy
· Engages the APAC Brand, Operations, Digital, and Sales & Marketing teams, along with external parties as needed, to transform the local customer experience with new products and service concepts at the right customer journey touch points
· Supports Vice President in managing APAC-wide forums focused on customer experience strategy and innovation.
Innovation, Incubation, and Initiative Management
· Project lead for APAC innovation initiatives – supports APAC customer experience team in developing innovation strategies, concepts, processes and tools.
· Works with internal and external stakeholders to translate customer strategies into creative programs and concepts in the physical and digital space.
· Leverages internal & external incubation efforts, as needed, to drive progress in areas that are less mature and/or more transformative to existing disciplines and business lines
· Partners with Customer Experience disciplines to accelerate early stage efforts to stand up new business initiatives and transition mature platforms into appropriate areas of the business
Managing Responsibilities with Stakeholders
· Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across Customer Experience and the APAC team. Fosters a positive climate and works in close conjunction with all stakeholders to build an atmosphere of unity and alignment around common, shared goals for customer growth.
· Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Analysis-The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data and make recommendations. Included is the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data.
o Project Management-The ability to use a defined process to create and manage a project; this includes defining and achieving success within constraints of scope, time, resources and budget.
o Marketing-The ability to generate the strategy used in sales techniques, communications, and business development to positively impact customer relationships and business profitability
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration