Manages all beverage operations across all brands for the region. The Director of Beverage supports the operations and concept creation of bars and beverage operations across all brands in Asia Pacific. Primary focus areas are: Beverage revenues, optimizing the AP beverage program, in-market beverage workshops, standards creation and hotel opening support.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma.
· Bachelor degree preferred.
· 5 years’ experience in Hotel beverage operations, beverage consultancy or other related Food & Beverage focused job activities.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Driving Beverage Revenues & improve beverage quality
· Creates and implements of beverage related standards across the region.
· Organizes in-market workshops for all brands throughout the region.
· Supports HALO hotels, advices and consults on beverage standards and driving revenue.
· Organizes monthly Beverage Advisory Board calls and uses the board I for in-market compliance tracking of beverage execution.
· Supports corporate beverage focused initiative and ensure implementation.
· Develops marketing strategies for hotels to ensure bar and beverage experiences are promoted.
· Develops and maintains beverage menu pricing strategy.
Reducing Beverage Cost
· Explores opportunities and develops region wide partnerships with beverage vendors to ensure best price.
· Develops control methods to minimize beverage wastage.
· Develops equipment standards.
· Sets up standard recipes to ensure consistency and reduce costs.
· Organizes in-market workshops for all brands throughout the region
· Works with ADOPS for placement of key properties Beverage Manager / Mixologist positions around the region.
· Guides hotel on beverage operations manning structures.
Supporting Hotel Development & Openings
· Supports key hotel openings by setting up beverage focused countdowns and training plans.
· Supports the design development department with creation bar concepts, standard bar designs and signature bar designs.
· Creates innovative new bar and beverage concepts for new hotels and renovations.
· Researches and communicates trends across the region.
· Identifies signature bars and supports the teams to innovate and become leading bars in Asia.
· Develops signature cocktails by brand & concept.
· Enhances product selection to be in line with trends.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
· Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Operations Program Design & Development-The ability to lead and/or contribute to establishing operational requirements using various inputs (e.g., market research, brand), develop content that translates to product and service specifications, such that programs can be executed in brand voice at the property level in an efficient & cost effective manner for the following disciplines: Culinary, Bar and Restaurant, Event Management, Rooms and Guest Experience, Retail and Spa, Engineering, and Procurement.
o Operations Execution-The ability to systemically implement, evaluate, and sustain operations programs to ensure that the products and services being executed deliver the intended benefits, create value, contribute to guest satisfaction, and meet the needs of the various stakeholders (guests, property staff, brand, CLS, etc.).
o Performance Monitoring-The ability to use available performance metrics to measure the effectiveness of the various operations disciplines, diagnose issues and make recommendations at the property, market, and/or brand-level.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible