The Manager, Business Operation Analytics supports the Director of Financial Systems & Operation Analytics with financial planning, project management, operational analysis and ad-hoc reporting in the Marriott International, Asia Pacific Continent office. The Manager will represent the Continent Finance team to liaise with various disciplines in the Finance organization, including but not limited to Greater China / APEC Finance Operations, Feasibility, Owner Relations, Asset Management, Project Management, Compliance, and Internal Controls. The position is expected to leverage their previous experience and understanding of the lodging industry and company culture to provide recommendations on business decisions. The Manager must be kept well-inform of current economic condition as well as hospitality industry development to project reasonable outcome with any number of variables. The Manager will drive operational efficiencies - both on property and above-property levels – by assessing existing processes and proactively seeking opportunities for improvement.
Minimum Job Specifications
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, with concentration in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
· Minimum of three years of managerial experience with proficiency in business analytics.
· Candidate must possess previous hotel experience, preferably in the Finance and Accounting department with in depth understanding of day-to-day finance and functional operations.
· Strong financial acumen with proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to articulate operating and financial results concisely to peers within and outside of the Finance organization.
· Strong communication skills. Present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos and/or presentation format)
· Strong computer skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, Hyperion, and Peoplesoft Financial Application highly preferred.
· Advanced Excel skills, including experience in data modeling are essential. Visual Basic Programming (Macros), Statistical Analysis and Database Management in Microsoft Access are preferred.
· Ability to organize large volumes of data to create a synthesized, meaningful analysis.
· Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment or contribute independently; strong time management skills.
· Exceptional organizational skills and effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
· Adaptable to fast paced work environment with new and changing responsibilities.
· Self-starter with strong tendency toward pro-active process improvement.
· Provide analysis of operating performance of Asia Pacific managed hotels at an individual, market, area, regional, and continent levels. Assess continent aggregated actual, forecast, and budget performances with respect to RevPAR, Food & Beverage and ancillary revenues, departmental / gross operating profit, and net owner return. Proactively communicate to leadership team if trends and more importantly, potential risks, are identified.
· Support ad-hoc reporting and analytical requirements of the Finance organization and other Continent disciplines, including Return-on-Investment projects and business propositions.
· Manage the pre-opening budget and working capital estimate requests from the Asia-Pacific Development and Operations Finance Teams. Actively seek for enhancements to track and report actual pre-opening expenses. Ongoing refinement of the preopening tool to reflect present operational requirements.
· Participate and support in the Continent Finance strategic projects such as Long Range Planning, Business Plan, Global and Continent operational initiatives planning, and Capital Planning process.
· Participate in Continent-wide and cross-functional initiatives and demonstrate the ability to lead and support a variety of projects with different types of scope.
· Build competencies with the Uniform Systems of Accounting in the Lodging Industry (USALI) and corporate accounting policies in relation to on-property procedures. Provide support to property Directors of Finance as the Continent champion in changes to generally accepted accounting principles and operational reporting requirements.
· Partner with Business Analysis support from Headquarter and other continents to share knowledge, best practices, and leverage tools.
· Proactively explore internal and external tools, services, resources, and platforms to drive efficiencies in operating procedures, to the extent that benefits not only the Finance but other organizations in the company.
· Any other projects as appropriate.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o General Finance and Accounting-The ability to apply knowledge of local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (local GAAP), current company accounting policies and procedures, general accounting and financial reporting, auditing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable practices to ensure property maintenance of business unit and/or company financial information.
o Operations Accounting and Analysis-Knowledge of profit and loss statements and the ability to accurately plan for and forecast expenses and revenue using appropriate data inputs as part of a financial plan.
o Financial Analysis-The ability to develop and interpret an assessment of the viability, stability and/or profitability of a business initiative, business unit and/or company using appropriate techniques (e.g., net present value, cash flow models, valuations and return on investment).
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Starting in
- As soon as possible