The Partnership Contractor is responsible for sourcing and management of specialized programing and contracts to maximize the leverage of our Supply Chain in Asia Pacific. The successful candidate will work with some of Marriott’s highest profile/highest value partnerships that are affiliated with Operational Products and Services, including Retail Products (Dyson) and Wine and Spirit vendors(Pernod Ricard), as well as others.
Responsibilities include supporting the VP, Procurement with overall account management and partner planning including managing partner assets and working with internal teams (Brand, Continent, Marriott Rewards, Sales etc.) to ensure that the plans developed are activated across the enterprise. Programing and efforts will not overlap Marriott Global Partnership & other BMSC marketing activation Initiatives.
Candidate must be able to effectively articulate Marriott’s goals and objectives, build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, and serve as the key point of contact for partners. Responsible for leading partner negotiations and quantifying success within key activities; including Brand and Operations activations.
The position requires strong relationship management, planning, negotiation, communication, and analytical skills. Original thinking is key, as is the ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders to execute partner initiatives across functional areas. The position will also be responsible for evaluating and implementing new partnership opportunities across industries with primary focus on the hospitality segments.
Internally, the role will play an important role in near term funding/marketing objectives to raise awareness, drive trial, drive social conversations and engagement and increase revenue. To do so, he/she must possess a collaborative approach to leading cross functional teams including Procurement, Brand, Marketing, Content and Creative, as well as PR.
Education and Experience
· Four or more years’ experience in the management of partnerships or alliances and/or partnership marketing.
· Previous experience as a successful, high performance leader.
· Brand and/or Marketing experience providing working knowledge of the following areas: strategic alliances, partnership marketing, social media, digital media, promotions, loyalty marketing and direct marketing
· A solid understanding of event marketing, experiential marketing, social media, buzz marketing and entertainment marketing, a plus.
· Strong relationship management, strategic planning, negotiation, communication, and analytical skills.
· Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task; Excellent verbal and written communications
· Team player who works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
· Ability to work comfortably with senior management;
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multiple areas of Marriott including but not limited to Brand Management, Continents, Global Marketing, PR
· Experience working across multiple departments.
· Ability to think strategically and creatively while comfortable with project management details.
· Familiarity with Marriott’s portfolio of brands
· Bachelor’s degree required
· The position may require some travel within Asia
· Serve as the day-to-day relationship manager for these partnerships; possessing a thorough understanding of partner business objectives to identify synergies and opportunities for collaboration.
· Develop and effectively communicate partner value propositions for both partners and the portfolio.
· Manage necessary integration/communications to ensure smooth partner hand-off to key internal stakeholders for full activation of partner opportunities
· Represent partners internally and communicate value to key stakeholders
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible