The Senior Analyst supports the Manager – Reporting and Consolidation and Senior Manager -Continent P&L Reporting with financial planning, project management, operational analysis and ad-hoc reporting in the Marriott International, Asia Pacific Continent office. The position will also be responsible for provide analytical support to various disciplines of the Finance organization, including but not limited to Greater China / APEC Finance Operations, Feasibility, Owner Relations, Asset Management, Project Management, Compliance, and Internal Controls. The Senior Analyst will participate in multiple work streams, and to support a variety of tasks / deliverables on functional and Continent-wide initiatives.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, with concentration in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
· Minimum of three years of supervisory or managerial experience with proficiency in business analytics. Finance and Accounting experience in the hospitality or related industries preferred.
· Strong financial acumen with proven analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to articulate operating and financial results concisely to peers and managers.
· Strong communication skills. Present analytical results in manner appropriate for management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos and/or presentation format)
· Strong computer skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, Hyperion, and Peoplesoft Financial Application highly preferred.
· Intermediate Excel skills, including experience in data modeling is preferred. Prior experience with Visual Basic Applications, Statistical Analysis and Database Management in Microsoft Access.
· Ability to organize large volumes of data to create a synthesized, meaningful analysis.
· Demonstrate ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment or contribute independently; strong time management skills.
· Demonstrate good organizational skills and effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
· Adaptable to fast paced work environment with new and changing responsibilities.
· Self-starter with strong tendency toward pro-active process improvement.
· Provide analysis of an individual hotel and continent aggregated forecast and actual performances with respect to RevPAR, Food & Beverage and ancillary revenues, departmental / gross operating profit, and net owner return.
· Support the pre-opening budget and working capital estimate requests from the Asia-Pacific Development and Operations Finance Teams.
· Actively contribute to Continent Finance strategic projects such as Long Range Planning, Business Plan, Global and Continent operational initiatives planning, and Capital Planning process.
· Support a variety of projects with different types of scope in the Asia-Pacific Finance organization.
· Build competencies with the Uniform Systems of Accounting in the Lodging Industry (USALI) and corporate accounting policies in relation to on-property procedures. Provide support to property and above-property Finance leaders in alignment efforts to generally accepted accounting principles and operational reporting requirements.
· Any other projects as appropriate.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o General Finance and Accounting-The ability to apply knowledge of local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (local GAAP), current company accounting policies and procedures, general accounting and financial reporting, auditing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable practices to ensure property maintenance of business unit and/or company financial information.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Starting in
- As soon as possible