As a member of the APAC Financial Analysis & Strategic Planning team, the Senior Manager, Financial Analysis will play an integral role in providing financial analysis support that enables APAC leadership to make business decisions that drive overall business results and create the most shareholder value. He/she will provide analytical support to Asset Management and Development Asset Management staff, Development and other Continent discipline leaders and other key stakeholders on key valuation issues for the Continent including: evaluation of potential new hotel development projects; analyzing profit and growth objectives as reflected in long range plans; and providing return on investment analysis to assess Continent business initiatives.
· Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience including complex data and financial analysis / modeling
· Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of technical corporate finance concepts (NPV, IRR, cost of capital)
· Strong spreadsheet skills, word processing, and presentation software skills
· Familiarity with financial concepts in hospitality is a plus (RevPAR, Flow-Thru, Margins)
· Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed financial information and present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format)
· Strong accounting skills, particularly in analyzing financial statements
· Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team
· Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers
· Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment
· Exceptional communication skills, creating an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization
Education and Professional Certification
· Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required, but candidates with professional accounting or Chartered Financial Analyst qualification and relevant work experience will also be considered
· MBA with a concentration in Finance/Accounting preferred
· Support the evaluation of potential new hotel development projects, financial analyses and valuations of proposed transactions and presenting to senior executives. Projects will be moderate in scope.
· Support the evaluation of the financial impact of alternative proposals/ workout resolutions.
· Monitor and interpret Continent performance against Long Range Plan in consultation with Continent Finance and other market leaders, in order to develop actionable financial/business recommendations and responses to optimize performance and drive growth and profitability.
· Provide return on investment analysis on Continent initiatives ensuring the right financial approaches and resources are brought to bear. Analysis focuses on gathering and synthesizing current state data, understanding and modeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that compare data, highlight risks and focuses on qualitative and quantitative issues.
· Support development of analyses for the Continent’s Long Range Plan.
· Support the evaluation of potential merger & acquisition opportunities within the Continent, financial analyses and valuations of proposed transactions and presenting to senior executives.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· Financial Analysis-The ability to develop and interpret an assessment of the viability, stability and/or profitability of a business initiative, business unit and/or company using appropriate techniques (e.g., net present value, cash flow models, valuations and return on investment).
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Starting in
- As soon as possible