As an integral part of the brand, marketing, sales and consumer insights (BMSC) discipline, Public Relations is a strategic function, and encompasses the actions we take to influence our external guests, company and community-at-large. Publicity, promotion and civic involvement are all means to accomplish the goal of enhanced brand and business perception when aligned with marketing objectives, enhanced business.
All consumer PR activities must be integrated into the continent’s overall BMSC plan with a focus on brand communications and the customer loyalty function and must parallel the primary revenue objectives of the hotels/ resorts/ brands and parent company.
To guarantee success in this function, the ideal candidate is above all a leader, team player and strategic thinker. They must have a solid understanding of the travel industry; consumer PR and marketing; reputation management; strong media relations skills plus well-established relationships in the F&B media/ social media world; excellent written and spoken abilities in English (good spoken and written proficiency in Mandarin would be a plus); outstanding communication abilities; possess regional sensibilities; budgeting abilities and outstanding planning skills; and the ability to successfully multi-task duties. The senior manager of F&B PR must be able to leverage and amplify property level F&B campaign successes to positively influence consumers across all key media markets in Asia Pacific.
The senior manager of F&B PR is responsible for the planning, strategy and execution of F&B PR across Asia Pacific that drives awareness and reputation for Marriott International and position it as a leader in the dining and beverage scene. This role will effectively require a strong candidate who can work across different functions including F&B operations, F&B Marketing, social, loyalty and Brand marketing. The role requires managing external vendor relationships, including PR agencies across the region.
· Formal training in Public Relations, a university degree or equivalent experience in public relations,
communications or journalism
· Six years minimum in public relations
· Consumer public relations experience and/or F&B industry experience specializing in PR/Marketing
· Experience in public relations agency with focus on F&B is a plus
Skills and Competencies
· Solid strategic planning and budget setting abilities
· Travel, F&B, hospitality, media, consumer goods industry or luxury goods background in public relations
· Solid understanding of the print, electronic, broadcast and social media platforms related to F&B
· Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word computer programs
· Extensive knowledge of global and China social media platforms
· Excellent English writing skills and oral proficiency
· Good spoken and written language in Mandarin would be a plus
· Solid understanding of the hotel business and/or travel industry is a plus
· Is expected to lead F&B PR and work alongside APAC F&B Marketing team to develop and execute the PR
strategy plan of F&B marketing campaigns and initiatives
· Drives the Food and Beverage reputation in the region, MI group portfolio preference and loyalty program
preference. Ensures synergies are outlined and identified which complement and support BMSC plans in Asia
· Develops and executes innovative Public Relations and publicity programs that will increase F&B revenue and
awareness, creating a positive perception of Marriott International F&B and halo restaurants & bars. Programs
should address specific needs as outlined in the F&B marketing plan(s) and capitalize on unexpected
opportunities as they arise
· Is the lead person of F&B PR area, the candidate is required to partner with regional/ field PR team, as well as
F&B marketing team to implement holistic integrated F&B public relations strategy for targeted customers to
establish creditability to Marriott International F&B
· Drives awareness and preference on halo restaurants and bars across the region as identified by Asia Pacific F&B
· Provides support in strategic planning and integration within region/ hotels/ restaurants /bars
· Appoints and manages consumer F&B PR agencies to leverage the strength of the group to produce
opportunities for the Marriott International in the region and beyond, as well as leads with the goal to produce
results in all projects and undertakings
· Elevates the F&B through special events, brand initiatives, market-wide promotions to strengthen reputation of
halo restaurants and bars in marketplace
· Embraces projects with a sense of urgency with the utmost attention paid to enhancing and respecting the image
of the brands as well as the company
· Provides timely and accurate responses when media queried. Stays abreast of news; launches proactive
communications plan internally and externally
· Maintains professional relationships with media, bloggers, food critics, influencers and gain cooperation and
respect to earn a reputation as a source of reliable, newsworthy information
· Develops PR strategies and tactics with a mindset of effectively leveraging social media channels at regional and
· Is expected to develop and present the F&B PR best practices by the end of the contract period. Should include
the progressive ideas that will help the brands stand out amongst the competitors in the industry
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Public Relations-The ability to use marketing communications and strategies to shape attitudes and perceptions, help establish and reinforce corporate and brand values and image, and influence customer, associate or investor behavior.
o Brand Management-The ability to generate marketing strategies that create brand recognition and differentiation and ultimately have a positive impact on customer relationships and business profitability.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible