As key member of the Continent Operations team the Vice President - Food & Beverage Operations will provide overall food and beverage discipline leadership with a focus on driving F&B revenue and enhancing Marriott International’s F&B reputation. Leveraging customer insights, this individual provides discipline-specific expertise to create an exceptional guest experience across all brands and in support of Continent, Discipline, and Brand endorsed projects. This resource will drive the continent F&B strategy of Go Local, F&B marketing and Talent. This resource will facilitate focused brand strategy and culture pull-through to consumer and operational differences by market, as well as facilitate brand differentiation, superior guest experiences and operational excellence.
This important leadership role will work in close partnership with the VP Operations Design Development, F&B and Brand projects to execute the vision for concepts created for new hotels and renovations. This leader will also work in close partnership with BMSC to execute a robust F&B marketing plan to drive more revenue including the Club Marriott loyalty program.
This leader will provide leadership to Culinary, Restaurants & Bars and Event Management disciplines as well as regional F&B teams.
· At least ten years of solid operations, business and project leadership experience within the F&B discipline or Operations discipline.
· Broad experience in Food Beverage management and product and service development.
· Strong business acumen
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong focus on execution
· Excellent presentation skills
· Ability to persuade and influence others, including those at senior organizational levels
· Strong business performance management abilities-understands, embraces and manages to project planning and execution methodology, ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stake holders
· Strong knowledge of the competitive landscape and must be able to remain current with industry trends and connected in discipline-related forums. Experience guiding insight synthesis and identifying emerging opportunities based on a combination of industry analysis, company analysis, stakeholder and subject matter expert input and trend evaluation.
· Proven experience introducing and implementing cutting edge ideas; conception through final delivery.
· Strong negotiating, influencing and problem resolution skills.
· Expertise and proven track record in managing complex, multifunctional initiatives
· Ability to quickly gain a clear and comprehensive understanding of industry trends and brand strategies, priorities and initiatives and represent them to various constituencies across the organization
· Minimum BA degree; MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred
· Strategically influences to lead the coordination of APAC implementations of MR and SPG business integration; Facilitates strategies across continent, regions, disciplines, brands and hotel units to ensure cohesiveness and consistency in terms of F&B delivery. Influences cross-functional stakeholders to create alignment, drive stellar revenue and guestVoice results and affect change.
· Shapes and Implements strategies to enhance opportunities in associate adoption of new processes. Stimulates confidence in uncertain and changing environments. Negotiates effective solutions to complex problems involving multiple individuals and groups
· Provides business partner guidance, and support in the development and implementation of overall continent strategies and initiatives, including change management expertise and strategic perspective to anticipate challenges, promote compliance and mitigate risks
· Champion a customer-centric design environment that increases customer loyalty and drives brand awareness through continuous enhancement and innovation.
· Oversee the strategic execution of F&B program deployment within continent.
· Analyze trends and competitive landscape and influence changes to strategy. Identifies food and beverage discipline business opportunities and risks by keeping abreast of competitor, industry, economic, and internal information and trends. Solicit input from diverse sources in order to make sound business decisions.
· Engage and leverage global corporate F&B team and GLT and innovation resources to support APAC priorities
· Partners with Global Operations and other Continent F&B leaders to shape F&B priorities with emphasis on our global Restaurant & Bars and Events strategy
· Identifies and validates key opportunities to drive profitable F&B growth.
· Evaluates alternatives and makes judgments on a full range of business strategies. Proposes alternative solutions as appropriate.
· Collaborates with discipline, above and on property stakeholders to cultivate and execute strategies that deliver initiative adoption and compliance.
· Provides support and strategic guidance to business functions in creating and planning for the use and implementation in the field of technology related to their discipline
· Ensures APAC ATC facilitates business as usual and ensures adequate hotel capacity to absorb new, large scale implementation.
· Mitigates risk and minimize MI exposure in the owner and property leadership relations space through consistency in deliverables, assessments and generation of incremental service metrics, stemming from new initiative rollouts into the markets. Provides consultation and guidance to the organization on unique and/or highly specialized discipline and business issues by applying a strong understanding of the discipline program strategies and various other operational Proof of Concept projects.
Managing Execution / Building Relationships
· Creates an innovation focused environment to challenge organizational norms and accepted thinking to drive success.
· Leads the execution of the APAC “win local” F&B strategy (concept development, service execution, quality, talent etc).
· Drives restaurant and bar focus from transactional hotel style to an experiential, free-standing entrepreneurial approach across the continent.
· Identifies F&B business trends (internal and external); establish and execute business processes to address.
· Establishes processes that drive F&B sales, profit and guest experience growth across the continent.
· Assumes business consulting role in developing and implementing strategies, standardizing processes, tools and templates that support and facilitate the vision and strategy of the APAC organization.
· Determines the feasibility of introducing new tools and processes in F&B
· Researches discipline trends and competition; surface big ideas. Conducts forward-thinking research to understand market needs and the skills needed to remain competitive in the products and services provided by continent.
· Drives continent deployment and sustainment activities measurements for success to include initiative prioritization, resource allocation, initiatives/projects adoption and implementation.
· Leads design, delivery and sustainment of brand focused F&B projects by applying business knowledge and balancing the priorities of relevant stakeholders. Oversee deployment of multiple projects (both brand and discipline), at various levels of complexity, including: implementation roadmaps, communication plans, supporting materials, escalation, etc.
· Cultivates and influence APAC’s senior stakeholders for awareness of and sensitivity to the full scope of work underway that impacts property levels. Manages change management challenges accordingly for successful deployment and sustainability
· Leads continent-wide, high-profile, large-scale projects through project management engagement while gaining alignment among functional stakeholders, senior management, owner/franchise community. Negotiate and influence project direction to achieve desired results.
· Provides effective oversight and coordination in integrating and rolling out systems and services to satisfy current and future business needs.
· Develops state of art implementation tools and technology that are scalable and support unit growth and evolving regional, area and other above property roles and responsibilities.
· Conducts systematic assessments to align development needs with continent priorities
· Effectively allocates resources across department and makes sound financial decisions that significantly impact the market business goals.
· Manages the Club Marriott program.
· Manages the APAC beverage program funding.
· Develops F&B focused training materials.
· Actively partners with regional VP Operations to ensure we have the right talent in our hotels across all F&B disciplines with a focus on HALO hotels.
· Perform other duties as assigned. Extensive travel required.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
· Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Operations Execution-The ability to systemically implement, evaluate, and sustain operations programs to ensure that the products and services being executed deliver the intended benefits, create value, contribute to guest satisfaction, and meet the needs of the various stakeholders (guests, property staff, brand, CLS, etc.).
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Hong Kong
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible