Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles complex events. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Supports and acts on behalf of the Director of Event Management or Director of Event Planning and Operations in his/her absence. Serves as the event planner’s primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for his/her experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Event Operations
• Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
• Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Executing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
• Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
• Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for his/her groups.
• Reviews billing and payments with clients.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during entire event process.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
• Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Alpharetta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible